How many of us are braving the swimsuits?

LHill2010

Reaction score
Well, it's hot here in Texas.. so today, my hubby went with me to buy a maternity swimsuit. I only have bikinis, and that just wasn't working for me. Yikes! The lighting in the dressing rooms definately made me look like a cow, but I am braving it! I felt better once I got home and tried it on again. Something about the maternity suit made me feel motherly. How many of us are braving the swimsuits or not even bothering? Here's my suit!

https://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd151/LMcD_2010/32weeksss.jpg

That looks great! It's still winter here, so a swimsuit is not something in my maternity wardrobe:haha: But if it was summer, I would get one for sure.

I go to aqua natal every week so Im braving a tankini a maternity one, I did feel self concious as Im the biggest in the group due to me expecting twins, but its great to feel weightless lol

I love your suit! I've been going to aquanatal too, & have a similar suit to that, but paisley type pattern. I had to really drag myself out if the changing rooms to get in the pool tho, felt like a hippo, but have got used to being looked at now, so feeling better about it! OH says I should be proud of my figure! Easy for him to say.. He is right tho!!

i am defo not!! not with th stretch marks on my legs!! never ever felt confident in a swimmin costume - feel ok in a bikini though, well i did last august just bfore i found out i was preg as still had a flat tummy!!! not now though!! lol!!

you look lovely though, i really like it.

actually like swimming and being the water, but will be a longgggg while before i am back in a bikini - if ever!!!

i'm swimming twice a week and am wearing my maternity bikini with pride! i love my big bump and wear it with pride, especially when i'm in the lap lanes and am faster than most of the other non bump swimmers :)

Sod the swimsuits this is the only time in my life I'll bust out a bikini.

We look awesome. enjoy it!

That's lovely you look fab! I just have a plain black maternity swimsuit but then, its not gonna be warm enough for the beach for ages here so its only for going lane swimming.

J x

I wear bathing suits to the swimming pool and its the one i wore pre pregnancy and so its a size 12 (australian) 2 peice thingy and the top is so stretched over my bump that it sticks out LOL but oh well I think it looks cute :p. It does the job :p

Thanks girls!! haha I am self conscious, but I feel the same way.. We have a reason for our bumps, so we may as well be proud of it :) I was so sure I wasn't going to get myself into a bathing suit, but I'm becoming more proud of my bump!

You look great! My sister in law gave me a suit but I have no where to wear it! I would love to go swimming, it was already mid 80's here today! MUST FIND POOL!

Side note: I would totally do the bikini now like Chuck said! This is the only time my tummy would be big with an excuse! Only a couple stretchies on my hips so far *knock on wood*

Oh I am totally doing the bikini thing too if my tummy pops out and looks cute. I've never had the body for a bikini but I'm pregnant so who cares LOL. Hubby and I are going to a couple weekend that's in Myrtle Beach at the end of April and I'm hoping it'll be warm enough to go swimming or atleast lay out!

You are ADORABLE in that! Heck it makes me want to go buy it and I have a Maternity suit! They're great aren't they?

Ah, thanks girls :) Spunky- haha I've talked my hubby into buying me a blowup one.. Yeah, I know it's silly, but I can see my big preggo butt floating in the pool until Connor makes his debut! Etoille - thank you! And yes, they are great! I was surprised that it wasn't too expensive. I thought it would be!

That's a great idea! My only worry would be my dogs would want to share it with me :haha: I have 2 lab mixes each about 70 lbs. But maybe we can put the pool outside of their domain. They usually get a mini pool for the summer, why can't I?

haha we have 2 pitbulls! My husband is worried about it too, but if we act like it's a "bath" they won't go near it! LOL. And I don't care what anyone says.. I'll float in my blowup pool. It's hotttt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->