How many of you do the SMEP method?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by kellis, Aug 23, 2009.

1. kellis

kellis mum of 2

Just wondered? We tried it last month and are gonna give it another go this months but i have to say i was truly sick of :sex:, although hubby thought i was great lol

2. BabyBubbles

BabyBubbles Expecting number 2!

we have been, but i agree, lately we've both been like 'lets do it and get it over with' lol which isnt the idea!!! It doesnt help that oh has a really low sex drive and would rather go to sleep!!! lol

3. sar35

sar35 New mum to beautiful boy

whats smep?

4. banana1011

banana1011 Well-Known Member

5. ryder

ryder Mum to Jasmine & Peyton

Wouldnt sex every night be the same deal? lol

6. kellis

kellis mum of 2

i guess it would ryder but with smep it's every other day until your most fertile time where you do it 3 consecutive days and then a one day break. .thats hard going enough for me, everyday would kill me lol:wacko:

7. Jessa

Jessa Guest

The SMEP seems to me to completely take out the last little bit of fun that is TTC. We just :sex: when I'm getting "high" or "peak" on my CBFM. Otherwise, it's whenever we feel like it. It just seems too prescriptive for me....although I'm sure hubby would love it! :D

8. kellis

kellis mum of 2

i agree jessa, last month most of the time it seemed like a chore which was awful and no reflection on my hubby, it just lacked sponteneity (spelling?) but i'm gonna give it another go just incase!

9. Jessa

Jessa Guest

I think there's a fine line between making TTC a scientific or a natural process. I always said that I wouldn't make it a very scientific process, but had to since we're now 15 months on with no baby to show for it. I sometimes miss the innocence of just TTC. Don't lose that part unless you absolutely have to. Good luck!