How many of you had a changed due date your first u.s.?

SBBaby

Reaction score
Hello!

For my first baby at my 8-9 week scan, first ultrasound, they gave me a due date three days later than I thought it would be based on first day of af the cycle conceived. I just went for my first us for this pregnancy and the same thing happened - three days later than I thought it would be. It sucks to be told you're three days later than you thought too. I thought I was 8w4d and they said I'm 8w1d. Not a huge difference but meh! Also I have a theory in my head - does this mean I ovulated later than I thought? I was temping so it's hard to imagine that's the case. Maybe implanted later? I also keep thinking in my head it'll be another girl since the due date is later than I thought because (according to Shettle's Method) the boy sperm die earlier and the girls stick around (if I ov'd later)

Anyone get a later due date than they expected on first us and have a boy?

And yes I know I am crazy! :) :) :)

It is my understanding that US are not exact science. If there is a slight inaccuracy in putting the markers, then your date will be of by a day or two. The little one are growing at about 1 mm a day at the moment, so you understand how hard it might be to get it spot on! I'm counting down to the end of the first trimester eagerly... Almost 10 weeks now. I just can't wait!! I have my 3rd scan on Wednesday (bleeding issues).

Mine was changed about a week back! Tbh it makes sense because Implantation happened almost 12 days after conception for me I believe (I charted, temp.ed, used hpt's and got horrible pains with implantation)

My son was conceived after (!!) I ovulated lol. Not sure what that means.

With DD, I was originally due May 14th and got pushed back to May 22nd. She finally arrived on May 29th. (after being evicted) :)

Baby is measuring 4 days ahead for me this pregnancy. I temp and opk but it's ambiguous enough that I think I could have ovulated earlier. With my daughter she measured 3 days behind but I knew I ovulated late that cycle. It's hard to know for sure!

With my first i got brought a week forward so it didn't bother me, with my second I got put back almost a week. That pregnancy was after having a mmc and I was convinced I knew by ovulation dates etc and putting me back freaked me out that it must be a failing pregnancy. Luckily it wasn't and baby came on their revised due date

My doctor told me that early ultrasounds (before 12 weeks) are accurate within 3-5 days. Mine was pushed a whole week back- but I was expecting that since I have long cycles. I pretty much knew when I ov'd, and their date was even a couple days later, but when I went in for another one it was more in line with my dates.
With my DS, who is now a healthy 2yo, his "due date" measured by the early ultrasounds we got was a 2-3 days different each time we went in. They usually don't change your official due date, though, unless it's more than a few days off.
Yours sounds great and right on track!!

I had a private scan at what u thought was 7+1...they pushed me back to 6+6 and she explained that it was so minimal that it didn't mean anything. Then at my 12 week scan I was put forward to 12+2! So back to where I 'was'!! It didn't change at my 20 week scan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->