How many of you have actually had a false bfp from blue dye tests?

Mrs_T

Reaction score
As the title says really...has anyone on here got experience of a false positive when using a blue dye pregnancy test?

Last time I fell pregnant, I did a blue die test and got my bfp, then was panicked by people on here saying it might not be accurate (I had taken it after AF was due too). I then went out and bought some pink dye ones to double check cos I was filled with fear and paranoia!!! And I was pregnant, so hadn't needed to worry!

Stupidly, I forgot all about this and have bought blue dye tests again and now wondering if I'll endure the same discontent if it gives me a bfp at the end if the month!!!

So...are the blue dye ones really unreliable? I'd be interested to know if people actually have had false pregnancy results using them (and if you did, did you test early?)...

I had this worry when I first got pregnant... It was unplanned, but I tested 4-5 days before AF was due, because I just had this... Pregnant feeling.

I bought a blue dye test, took it and got a faint line. Then I had that niggling feeling saying 'It's an evap!'... So I went out and bought two pink dye tests.

My early blue dye was correct. x

No one else? If that's the case maybe it's all rumours??

I think it can happen, maybe more than pink dye tests. But honestly.. If you have your bfp on a blue dye don't question It... Always double check, (I did dozens) but, if you see a line and it's not too faint, trust it x

Blue dye tests r horrible for giving false positives. I no many many ladies that have gotten false positive on blue dye.

i have had plenty of people say they have evaps on blue dye, i havnt myself as i always buy frer.

if the line is there then do another test to back it up. us ttc ladies dont need an excuse to pee on a stick :haha:

Which tests are blue dye? I never knew about this. I always use Tesco ones and have a feeling they are blue but I could be wrong...they were always accurate for me. The cheapie ones I bought are pink dye and I've got some frer as back ups.

I had a false positive, or nasty, evil evap line.. I have a thread somewhere around here. I need to update it. :(

So how about if I got a bfp on both tests in the pack - a def bfp or 2 false positives?

I have gotten false positives on blue dye. Never again will I use one. Ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->