how many oz's at 11 wks

lynz

mum of 2 princesses
Reaction score
How many oz does your little one drink approx. Chloe-Marie takes a 9oz bottle every 3-4 hours. Is this to much?. She weighs 11lbs 14oz. Im breast and bottle feeding, i alternate bottles one bottle formula one bottle breast etc

I don't know if it's too much or not... it is more than it says on the tin but my wee boy takes more too... HV says she is going to "closely monitor" his weight gain, he has done one lb a week for 5 weeks.

My wee boy is 10 weeks weighs 14 lb and a bit, he is also on a mixture of breast and bottle and when it's a bottle we give him Aptamil hungry baby and he takes usually 7 or 8 oz but quite often 9, 10 or 11 oz for his first bottle feed in the morning. He takes 6 feeds a day; it was 7 feeds until he started on the hungry baby milk about 10 days ago.

I'm a wee bit worried about the amount mine is taking too but he seems to need it.

hey hun Im doing a mix of breastfeeding express feeding and formula(trying to get back to bf long road ahead) but my mw said serve little one the same amount of bm as you would formula, so maiya goes 3 hrs max between expressed bottles and 4 hrs between formula dont know if this helps but Maiyas on 4 oz and neqarly 4 weeks old

I wouldn't be surprised if Maya is on 9oz by 11 weeks

She's 9 weeks old tomorrow & on a 7oz bottle, she weighs 9lb exactly

Health visitor isn't worried about weight gain. The only reason im formula and breastfeeding is to give myself a break at times cause she was always on my boob. Like you girls said she needs it, she will scream and scream, nothing else will calm her except a bottle and it isnt an oz at a time she takes its a good feed so she must be hungry. Looks like i have a litle fatty on my hands lol

Chloe has 5 bottles of 7oz a day. She is 11 and a half weeks. She weighed 14lb 2oz a week ago. HV not bothered at all

I think that there really never is too much breastmilk/formula you can feed your baby. When she's hungry, shes hungry =). 9 oz seems fine per feeding. I couldnt imagine having an 11lb 10 weeker....my son was 10 lbs at birth!!

Hannah takes 4-5 ounces every 4 hours or so, but every baby is different :D

ignore what the tin says! Alasdair took 7 oz at 4/5 weeks then went way down and only took 2 oz at some feeds! He's back up taking 8 and a half oz at each feed. He has boob 3 times a day and bottle the rest of the time and I usually offer him a bottle after boob just to check he's full (and because I'm a bad mother and can't bare to bf for more than 30 mins!)

It probably doesn't make sense but Alasdair's weight gain has slowed down/stopped/reversed since he's starting taking more again.

He's 12 weeks tomorrow.

hun,

if they want more they have more, doesnt matter what other babies are on its what your little one wants thats important, if its just for reference though tommy was on about 5-6 oz at that age, he went every 1.5 - 2 hours lol the settled down and went longer and now the little monster has gone back to short times between feeds but he does go all night so ill let him off lol

h x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->