How many people in the delivery room ?

cat118118

mother of 1 and expecting
Reaction score
Just wondering how many people you are allowed in the delivery room. I live in England so it may be different were you live but I was just asking.

But I know I'm defiantly going to be there (hehe) and my OH (the daddy) but we wanted our mums to be there aswell but we don't no if that would be to many so we've said up to now that if we can't have both mums then we wouldn't have any but I am really close to my mum and would really want he there but it isn't fair to his mum if we are only aloud 2 people and we choose my mum.

Sorry about the rant. But how many people were u aloud ?

im going to rotherham hospital and you are allowed 2 birthing partners on labour ward and if you have a stay in hospital i think its 3 people at a time on the postnatal ward but you can wap and change so someone can wait outside for half hour for others to come out then they can come in
hope that helps maybee give your local l&d a call or ask your midwife at your next appointment im sure she will know xx

I live in Nottingham and I'm allowed 2 birth partners if I wish, but you have to stick with the same two (i.e. if you chose your OH and your mum, they would have to stay, you couldn't let your mum be in for half an hour and swap over mums after that time). It looks like it's different everywhere though. I found out through antenatal classes, but you could ask your midwife or have a look on the hospital's website.

Your only allowed 2 birthing partners on the labour ward where I'm giving birth too

your allowed 2 on the labour ward where i live and 3 visitors at a time postnatal x

I'm giving birth in Poole in Dorset and I am only allowed 2 birthing partners. I am having my mum and my hubby or just my hubby depending on how I handle the pain lol

We're only allowed one person up here, the rooms are quite small!

Unlimited.....I will have DH, my mom and my oldest daughter (10 years old) will all be present for the birth.

Im allowed 2 on the labour ward where i live and 3 visitors at a time postnatal ... Would like to have more then 3 visitors at a time tho ...

As if my Oh, is with me it means my mum, dad, brother cant all come
same with his, if hes there his mum, dad, sister cant come
so wish it was 4!! LOL

its 2 at my hospital, only two on the ward after as well xx

i had 4 with my dd 8 years ago lol and also 3 mw's i may as well of sent out party invites there was so many people lol. im at a different hospital this time round so prob just me and oh.

im sure in england you can only have two. why not your mum though its you thats in labour some people love having their mams there instead of the patner as they can be mroe helpful as they know what your going through..ive seen loads of people on programmes such as one bron every minute with their patner and their own mother!
in ireland which is where i live i can only have one.i would to have my mam their aswell! :(

im going to rotherham hospital and you are allowed 2 birthing partners on labour ward and if you have a stay in hospital i think its 3 people at a time on the postnatal ward but you can wap and change so someone can wait outside for half hour for others to come out then they can come in
hope that helps maybee give your local l&d a call or ask your midwife at your next appointment im sure she will know xx

Your only 2 mins away from me :) I live in Sheffield and they asked me were I wanted to give birth and I chose jessops so I think it will probably be the same as the hospitals are only 20 mins away from each other.

Thankyou to everyone :)

Mine is 2 birth partners but I'm only having DH. If you are only allowed 2 and you want your Mum I'm sure your MIL will understand that a daughter would want her Mum with her.

2 people in the delivery suite and 3 people on postnatal ward at a time, im in leeds xxx

I'm in the US but with my first I had 4 or 5 people of my choice...with #2,3 and 4 I had 3 people in the room and this time around it will just be my husband and I :)

It's two in my hospital - however I am only having DH there as I feel it's our baby and a special time for us both and I want as least an audience as possible when I'm going through labour (obviously apart from the necessary medical staff) the thought of my mum and particularly mum-in-law in there fills me with horror!! (everyone is different of course - certainly not knocking anyone else's choices)

I'm actually not even wanting anyone to come visit in the hospital unless I'm there longer than a few hours or overnight depending on the timing. I want the first few hours to be about us bonding with the baby before everyone descends!

It's two in my hospital - however I am only having DH there as I feel it's our baby and a special time for us both and I want as least an audience as possible when I'm going through labour (obviously apart from the necessary medical staff) the thought of my mum and particularly mum-in-law in there fills me with horror!! (everyone is different of course - certainly not knocking anyone else's choices)

I'm actually not even wanting anyone to come visit in the hospital unless I'm there longer than a few hours or overnight depending on the timing. I want the first few hours to be about us bonding with the baby before everyone descends!

Couldn't agree more! I feel exactly the same.. Just wish some people would understand about the not visiting in hospital time as I want me and OH to bond with baby

Couldn't agree more! I feel exactly the same.. Just wish some people would understand about the not visiting in hospital time as I want me and OH to bond with baby

I totally agree with this too! I have told our Mums not to come and visit until we phone and say its ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->