How many poppies diapers a day?

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by dragonfly26, Oct 14, 2013.

1. dragonfly26

dragonfly26 Well-Known Member

Just as the title says, how many times a day does your baby poop? My lo goes once a day, but seems like she tried more and doesn't, and gets super crabby. Just wondering if she could be constipated even though she goes.

2. Gem1302

Gem1302 Mummy to 1

My LO normally does a big poo in the morning and the odd time another less messy smaller one a bit later. I asked my health visitor and midwife about this and they said once a day for a ff baby is normal, as long as the poo is soft not hard x

3. Smiler82

Smiler82 Well-Known Member

Our LO only poos once every 2-3 days!! But my HV said this was normal for a FF baby. We were also worried about constipation but she said the poo is small hard pellets if the baby is truly constipated. Babies can get grumpy generally about the entire digestive process as they're not used to the sensations of their guts working x

4. BellaBoo0512

BellaBoo0512 Well-Known Member

My LO usually has one a day, sometimes two but has never gone more than that. I'm sure it varies baby to baby though.

5. ProudArmyWife

ProudArmyWife 2 Princesses & PG with #3

One big explosion a day :haha: