How many times a cycle do you dtd?

i just trying to help you only have to dtd on day 14 and you should get pregnant i have loads of apps they say the same thing and the digi are 99 % accurate thats what it says on the box its not my fault if people do not know how to get pregnant they must be doing something wrong ??

Almost all pregnancy tests say they are 99% accurate if you take it within the guidelines. However, they're not all the same sensitivity. That is why a lot of women prefer using the red dye test and then waiting until later to confirm with a digital. The red dye tests are the most sensitive test on the market with the exception of blood test. From what I know you can take them as early as 10 DPO. As for getting pregnant. It's not that easy for everyone, you were a lucky one. Not only do some women not have a 28-day cycle but they ovulate on different days as well. The 28-day cycle with ovulation on the 14th day is just standard. It actually does not apply to most women and if you're using an application that implies that then you need to find a new one because it's giving misinformation. Even outside of ovulation there are hundreds of factors that contribute to long-term trying to conceive.

I completely understand that you are new to all of this but there is perfectly valid reasons for why these ladies are getting upset at you. Try and understand it from their point of view. A lot of these ladies have been trying for years upon years upon years to have a baby. They know the ins-and-outs of trying to conceive and they also know about ovulation and cycle length. That is why your posts are so offensive because you're making naive comments and belittling their situation. I do hope that you are capable of learning from this experience and remember to do a little bit of research on your own.

Omg if i ONLY knew to have sex cd 14 and I would get pregnant! Wow all the money I could have saved. All the ivf cycles and transfers (11) I could have avoided. Wow! Only if I knew how to get pregnant! I'm so dumb. Nothing was wrong at all. We clearly weren't doing things right:dohh:
What a winner right there you are :thumbup:
You seem to know so much about getting pregnant and giving advice yet you ask is it going to hurt to have a baby? Umm what do you think it feels like having a 7lb human forced through a tiny hole out of your body?
Seriously have issues. Why do you think you can criticize others here for asking when and how much to dtd? There are proven methods on when to dtd to increase chances, etc. Your tone is ugly and unacceptable. If you feel the need to act this way maybe you should avoid posting on threads about sensitive issues. Maybe you should reconsider saying things like it's not my fault people don't know how to get pregnant. Maybe you should think through things and go look at the long term trying to conceive and the assisted conception board before saying the stupid things you do.

Omg if i ONLY knew to have sex cd 14 and I would get pregnant! Wow all the money I could have saved. All the ivf cycles and transfers (11) I could have avoided. Wow! Only if I knew how to get pregnant! I'm so dumb. Nothing was wrong at all. We clearly weren't doing things right:dohh:
What a winner right there you are :thumbup:
You seem to know so much about getting pregnant and giving advice yet you ask is it going to hurt to have a baby? Umm what do you think it feels like having a 7lb human forced through a tiny hole out of your body?
Seriously have issues. Why do you think you can criticize others here for asking when and how much to dtd? There are proven methods on when to dtd to increase chances, etc. Your tone is ugly and unacceptable. If you feel the need to act this way maybe you should avoid posting on threads about sensitive issues. Maybe you should reconsider saying things like it's not my fault people don't know how to get pregnant. Maybe you should think through things and go look at the long term trying to conceive and the assisted conception board before saying the stupid things you do.

Oh she's been there already and caused a load of upset. Nobody is safe from fertility expert momomom.

She's truly an expert :thumbup:

She knows more than the reproductive doctors I've seen. They couldn't even tell me to have sex on cd14 to get pregnant. And take a CB digi because that one for sure will tell me if I'm pregnant. If only I would have known

Now we all look crazy, haha!

Haha thankfully some of the quoted stuff from her is still there so it's not too confusing if someone reads all through the thread

I was just going to say she was removed. lol

I searched her name and the amount of posts she has commented on were staggering. I'm reading through them for shits and giggles. :haha:

Haha, you do all look a bit crazy! I've only just had chance to log in and catch up with my thread so I had no idea you'd all been having such a deep and in depth discussion with a 'conception expert'.

Thanks for your comments, I was fortunate to get pregnant with DS1 on my second cycle, however, this time I'm by no means blah-zay. I'm now 35 and don't know exactly when I ovulate.

This month OH is away with work from CD12-14, next month he has a hernia op on what is probably CD 12 so I'm not expecting to be seeing a positive test anytime soon. Also, let's face it, with a toddler, it's a wonder we manage to dtd at all as we are dead as soon as our heads touch the pillow :haha:

I had been thinking that we'd dtd during when I've got ewcm as this is always very noticeable to me for about 3-4 days mid cycle.

Maybe I'll give it a couple of cycles and then, if needs be, I'll learn how to use OPK's...stand by for more questions!

Now we all look crazy, haha!

:haha: :haha:

I almost wish I could have read her responses. That one quoted one was a real doozy though. Who knew I was doing it wrong all along :dohh:

To answer OP with dd1 I don't honestly know how much we dtd but it took us 13 cycles to get her. With dd2 we dtd every other day and I fel pregnant on cycle 2 so I'm going with that approach again :haha: so far we have covers cd7, 10,12, and 14. I usually O around cd 16 or 17 so I'm contemplating dtd daily over the next couple days just to have my bases covered :haha:

Good luck and lots of :dust:

If you're unsure when you ovulate id suggest DTD every 2-3 days to ensure there is a constant supply of sperm ready for the release of an egg. When I came off the pill we discovered I wasn't ovulating at all (periods were all over too - came and went as they pleased!!) and our doctor advise the above. Discovered 6 weeks later I had randomly ovulated and was indeed pregnant. Biggest shock ever, no idea at the time when I'd ovulated, just that I had 2 very dark lines on a stick ha ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->