How many times do you tests when doing OPKS/LH tests?

ambertwogood

The Twogood's
Reaction score
I've read that it preferably done in the afternoon, but that some ladies test both in the morning, and the afternoon. I've heard of some ladies testing at night. Then I've also heard that you should just pick a time and stay consistent with testing at the same time each day.

So, my question is: 1. How often are you testing each day? Have you gotten different results by testing more than once in a day, like you have missed your surged if you hadn't been testing more than once a day?

2. What is your preferred time to test?

3. Do you use FMU? SMU? or some other urine I'm not privy to at the moment, lol?

4. If you have cheapies and expensive ones, do you do both test each time you test to make sure you're getting consistent results on each tests?

Thanks for all your help Ladies- It is very much Appreciated! :flower:

1. I test once a day with fmu starting cd 11 but if I don't get a positive by cd 14, I'll test like all the time lol.. which would be fmu, and every 3-4 hrs after fmu. I have never missed my surge in recent opk usage. As far as testing went this cycle, I Od two days late. The day before my pos opk, I got a darker line with evening urine than I did with fmu.

2. fmu is my preferred time to test.

3. I use fmu always. If I miss my surge I'll test with third and fifth urine.

4. I do use first response opk and one step opk. First response shows lighter than my one step and gives different results thru the same day when testing at the same time together with same urine sample. But when I get a positive on one step, the first response opk is positive as well. Always has been positive same time.

I test with FMU and in the afternoon after holding my bladder for about 3 hours. I usually start with just FMU and then add in the afternoon as I get closer to day 14. I use cheapies because my cycles are so long I need medication to restart them...I also don't ovulate naturally so it has never really done me any good!

I test at 10 and and 5 pm. I use wondfo and they have always caught my surge. I test twice a day now because I learned awhile back my surge has shortened and is less than 24 hours.

1. How often are you testing each day? Have you gotten different results by testing more than once in a day, like you have missed your surged if you hadn't been testing more than once a day? I test once a day (between 2-4pm) with a 20miu OPK until it's getting dark then up it to 2x a day (Around 10am and 8pm). Confirm with a 30miu OPK when 20miu is positive

2. What is your preferred time to test? Evening usually

3. Do you use FMU? SMU? I Don't use FMU unless my OPK from the evening before was very dark/close to positive.

4. If you have cheapies and expensive ones, do you do both test each time you test to make sure you're getting consistent results on each tests? I only use cheapie OPKs but vary it with different sensitivities to be sure

Thanks that really helps ladies. I'm just now learning of these different leveled LH tests so I'm headed to Amazon to pick up, yet some more "stuff" to add to my arsenal of "fertility tracking aids" lol, and a BBT as well. I'm starting to wonder if I might be trying to take on too much. For those of you who "do it all' does it stress you out, or do you feel like it made things easier once started doing it "all"?

I'm about to start temping due to my long cycles and I've heard from lots of people that it takes out the guesswork of 'Did I ovulate?' Which in it's self would reduce my stress with my long cycles I think so it depends how you do it. I will probably use OPKs just to help confirm with temps x

Between 2pm and 4pm was my preferred time to test.
I also liked to test twice a day if possible but my cycles were irregular and could be long sometimes, so I would reserve twice a day testing for when I was most likely to be ovulating. I have gone through period of time where I would test more than twice a day, as I wanted to figure out what my body was doing. That is now I realized that between 2-4 was the best time for me to test if I was only doing it once a day.

ETA: I've used cheap Accumed tests from the beginning. I needed to take way too many tests to use anything else. Also, while I would suggest testing at twice a day if possible, I will say that I finally got pregnant when I was testing just once per day. I ovulated a little earlier in my cycle that month, and hadn't switched to twice a day testing yet. I got a positive OPK on the afternoon of March 7th, and then we DTD the next morning on the 8th. About a week and a half later I found out I was pregnant. :)

1. How often are you testing each day? Have you gotten different results by testing more than once in a day, like you have missed your surged if you hadn't been testing more than once a day?

Twice a day. Yes I've missed the surge just testing once.

2. What is your preferred time to test? First thing in the morning, and anytime from 6pm to bedtime. I just try to make sure if held it for a couple of hours and not had a drink so the urine is concentrated.

3. Do you use FMU? SMU? or some other urine I'm not privy to at the moment, lol? Fmu and concentrated.

4. If you have cheapies and expensive ones, do you do both test each time you test to make sure you're getting consistent results on each tests? I use cbfm and cheapie in am then just cheapy in pm.

i have a really quick surge but cbfm plus opk's plus temping is pretty much foolproof for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->