how many weeks am I?

loren1234

Reaction score
Hi. I got my bfp when af was 10 days late. My last period was 6.5 weeks ago but we only BD'd once this month so I know exactly when I conceived. This was towards the end of my cycle, I ovulated late due to breastfeeding. This was 2.5 weeks ago. Would my due date still go off the first day of my last period? Or do I add on two weeks from date of conception which would make me 4.5 weeks rather than 6.5 weeks which would make more sense with only just getting my bfp now. Just don't know what to tell the doctors when I ring to arrange my booking in appointment. Thanks :)

When you ring to arrange the booking in appointment you just tell them the date of your last period then they take it from there :)

Since you are absolutely sure about your conception date you can calculate your due date using that and it will tell you how far along you are. Which will be 4.5 weeks. I'd do that and then tell the doctor I'm blah blah weeks along. And I'd mention my last af date but tell them it's not accurate for a due date.

^^ thats what I had to do. My AF before I concieved was all screwy. And I knew when I had done the deed and when I had ovulated so I knew the date

If you know for sure, you should use date of conception. Otherwise, your doc may worry unnecessarily about how you are measuring behind.

Even though u know when u ovulated, most Drs will go be lmp at least initially. It will be adjusted at the 1st scan. Some mw's will go by o date if they trust that u really know, but I don't think that's usual. Just know in your mind it will probably be adjusted at some point. With my first, I had very irregular cycles, and kept trying to tell the dr I couldn't be as far as they said. I was right, but it's not usually worth arguing with them.

I had this with my first and they went by my LMP until I had a scan. I ended up in the epau for bleeding and got put back 2 weeks then and had to change my NT scan date. If I were you I would fix it in your mind the date you really re by ovulation as it can be a bit depressing to redo weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"