How many?! :)

Missy08

Reaction score
Hello! I've seen lots of posts lately (including one from myself) about how many kids is right for everyone. I thought I'd create a poll to get everyone's thoughts on this.

How many kiddos is everyone planning/want?

We would like to have 2. We have a 3.5 year old now and hoping to try for a second at the end of the year. I'll be 36 then, so that will be plenty for us. I could see if I had started having babies younger or we just had an unlimited amount of money to pay for them, wanting to have a 3rd. But after a second, we'll be ready to have a bit more of a normal life without all the exhaustion of having small children. With an almost 4 year old now, we're starting to be able to do things again that we haven't done in years, like have a night away or go out to dinner alone or get a full night's sleep. I think I can only go back to giving all that up and starting from the beginning one more time! Also, it's really about all we can afford to. I'd like to have the money to not struggle to afford nursery when I go back to work, for them to be able to do things that interest them, take classes, go on weekend trips, have family holidays, and I think any more than 2 would be a strain on us. My family lives overseas, so it's already really expensive to visit them, so my daughter doesn't see them much. I'd rather be able to do those sorts of things than have a 3rd, so we'll be happy with 2.

My dream is to have two boys and a girl. So three. :)

I would love 3. But if I get a little boy this time around I'll settle for 2 since I already have a girl :)

I have 4 boys😱 And remarried laat year. Hoping for only one with my current husband and praying it would be a girl!

I live in a country that is in bad economic situation and most young intelligent people leave it. Olders encourage them to do so. And here 2 is the perfect number. More than 2 kids is a rare situation here, except for the ghetto families. No one in my whole family has more or less than 2 kids. So even thinking of different number is very strange for me.
But after all, I keep thinking that me and my husband are educated, intelligent, charity-oriented, loving and believing in our country. So our country deserves more and more children raised in such families. I keep fighting with myself that I shouldn't slave the society norms (having 2 children), but to do what I think is right - to have at least 3 children. But after all no one knows what will happen in few years. We may turn up to have just one, or maybe 5. :-D

This is my 4th.

I have always made sure my children are flexible so we do not miss out on evenings and days out or restricted. I feel blessed to have this right of passage a 4th time xx

I definitely want at least one more.

If number 2 is a boy, my OH will be done, I highly doubt he would want a third if we already had one of each. Which is fine, I can accept having two.

However, I really want 3. My OH has told me that he would be open to #3 if #2 is another girl. Not that he doesn't want another girl, but he would like to experience raising a boy.

It also depends on what happens when we are ttc #2. I had two mmc and an ectopic before dd, and if we go through more issues then that would probably put me off going through everything again.

I currently have 2 girls. I want one more baby.

3 will be good, I think.

This is our last baby, she's baby number 9 but will be our 6th at home. I love having a big family x

I'm currently pregnant with my fourth. However, this is my OH's first and we are planning at least 1 more together, possibly two (although my OH keeps joking about having 6 kids together :shock: ) So I will have at least 5 total, while OH has 2. However, my younger daughter passed away in 2012, so there will only be four on Earth with me.

I have three and think about a fourth a lot. I don't know I'd dh will agree though.

we want just one more, only have a three bed house and I don't want them to share a room :)

I have one son, I'd like another two. Boys or girls, I don't mind! :baby: :baby:

We have two and I kind of would love 4 or 5 ☺️ Maybe 6 🙈. But dh would not survive I don't think 😁. I think he'll want a third, thankfully he loves babies. And secretly am hoping he'll say yes to no.4 after that. But I seriously doubt it. Plus finances, age, space etc. But we would still be fine in all of those areas if a little less comfortable so I doubt it would stop me!

I am pregnant now with our second. We are 85% sure it will be out last but the door isn't completely closed. If this one is another boy, I think DH would be more open to it. if its a girl, I think he will firmly be done. Right now, I feel like this baby will complete my Momma heart but want to wait until baby is weaned before making any time of decisions.

I currently have one and would like one more. Dh really wants a third but I really struggle with the idea of 3. So we will likely end up with only 2.

I want four, but since I currently have zero, we will see how that goes. Hubs says he'd ideally like to stop at three, but he is open to a fourth if the finances work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->