• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

How much are your scan pictures?

£2.50 each but so far the sonographer has never charged us. X

£5 each which I thought was expensive, didnt get given one in EPU they said after printing loads out "we dont give pictures here" had an early scan in Sheffield due to bleeding (we were there at the time) and they gave us one for free :flower:

2 for £6 in Leeds. £15 is crazy! I'd be very unhappy to spend that on one picture. X

I have given birth in 3 different hospitals

Ds1 +2 St James's leeds £5

Ds3 in hillingdon £5

Ds4 + new baby Bedford hospital and they are £2.50 each.

I think £15 is a disgusting amount of money to ask people for, really unfair!!

They were £5 at my hospital with my son. With my daughter this one they're free. It says a donation on the door but the sonographer wouldn't let us donate anything because the hospital changed their policy and it doesn't go to the nicu anymore like it used to!

I'm Coventry and ours are £10 each - they make you pay before you go in too which I don't agree with... I had to go and get a refund on ours when I was told I needed an additional scan because of abnormalities. They gave us free scan pictures when I went for my additional scan as the pregnancy was not going to progress :(

Ds3 in hillingdon £5

Ah you must be pretty close to me? Where are you? I'm in otley near Leeds Bradford airport. X

Ds3 in hillingdon £5

Ah you must be pretty close to me? Where are you? I'm in otley near Leeds Bradford airport. X

Hello, i did live in Holton Moore.... Moved away in 2009, i used to work for first direct xxx

I would be happy to only pay £15! I had scans with my daughter in the UK and the photos were £10. Now I'm in Australia we pay for scans and it costs $250 (£142). And we have no Medicare rebate on the 12 and 20 week scans as they are classified as not medically necessary. Be grateful for a free healthcare system :) I have worked in the hospitals in the UK and it's fair enough to charge as far as I'm concerned, especially when it's small change

I'm Coventry and ours are £10 each - they make you pay before you go in too which I don't agree with... I had to go and get a refund on ours when I was told I needed an additional scan because of abnormalities. They gave us free scan pictures when I went for my additional scan as the pregnancy was not going to progress :(

That's really not good to make you pay before. I had a mmc with my first and personally didn't want any photos so would have been annoyed if we'd already paid. Our hospital specifically says don't pay until after in case they can't get any decent pictures

I would be happy to only pay £15! I had scans with my daughter in the UK and the photos were £10. Now I'm in Australia we pay for scans and it costs $250 (£142). And we have no Medicare rebate on the 12 and 20 week scans as they are classified as not medically necessary. Be grateful for a free healthcare system :) I have worked in the hospitals in the UK and it's fair enough to charge as far as I'm concerned, especially when it's small change

I disagree, if we are getting charged for a service then it's not 'free' it may still be a small charge compared to the costs you have incurred in Australia but it's still an unfair cost to burden new parents, especially those on lower incomes. £15 is not a fair charge for 1 photo, it's excessive. I plan to find out what the hospital I work at does with the £5 they charge, it would be interesting to actually see if they put it back to the department resources or not.

I spoke to dh about this, he said he would happily pay £15 if they had a reason for the charge ie, once we reach X amount then we will buy a new scan machine with an indication of the money raised, i think this would be acceptable but not just £15 thanks girls end of!

I think £15 is extortionate. From my experience, those rolls of thermal paper cost around £10 depending on the manufacturer and you'd get around 200 pics from one.

Our local hospital charges a couple of quid. You can pay for extra scans there for £50 and they give you loads of pics too. I'd rather the money went into the hospital than a private company myself.

Shocking that tho. But what can u do, they've got u over a barrel.

I disagree, if we are getting charged for a service then it's not 'free' it may still be a small charge compared to the costs you have incurred in Australia but it's still an unfair cost to burden new parents, especially those on lower incomes. £15 is not a fair charge for 1 photo, it's excessive. I plan to find out what the hospital I work at does with the £5 they charge, it would be interesting to actually see if they put it back to the department resources or not.
What I DO think is unfair are the prices of the Bounty photos. I think we were £40 for two pics. When they came through the post they weren't even great quality or photographed well, they are off centre!!

We get 3 for £10 x

Loeylo I've looked at the prices of the bounty photos and they seem rediculous! I might get the two free shots they give you but the best ones come from family I think 😊
I'm in the West Midlands too where they charge us for photos, but it's the same cost for the 12 & 20 week scans X

We paid £3 at 12 and 20 weeks and got 2/3 each time. We also had several scans before and after these dates and we were given the pics at the recurrent miscarriage clinic. £15 sounds an awful lot of money. The quality of our pics weren't great and wouldn't be worth it. We have paid for private scans in previous pgs and has great pics.

£2 each at my hospital. When I was pregnant with my first in 2010/2011 they were £1

I believe when I had my first in 2010 the scan pictures where actually free but now they are £5!

Free here in Canada! I've always gotten at least 3 pictures every scan. I had a bunch of ultrasounds last pregnancy due to emergency surgery for appendicitis and they gave me like 20 pictures of every detail of baby it was great!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"