how much at 12 weeks?

greats

Mommy!
Reaction score
My LO is 12 weeks old today & is still only taking 4oz every 2.5-3 hours. Once in a while (like 2x a week) she'll take 5 but that's it. She's gaining weight fine (in the 90-95% for her age), just wondering what other 12-weekers are eating?

my son was born 3 days after your daughter and hes the same. hes only had 5oz a hand full of times and sometimes doesnt even finish his 4oz! i just give it to him when he wants it. if he doesnt want a full feed then i just wait until he wants the rest and give it to him then. hes also gaining fine, i think every baby is different and aslong as they are gaining and having lots of wet nappies theres nothing to worry about. i bf for the first 8 weeks but then switched to formula due to him falling asleep on the breast really quickly and not getting enough. although its nice to know how much hes getting with formula, the guidelines on the back for the amounts they should get are annoying..hes never had the right amount and i really worried about it when i first started giving it to him but he seems happy enough!lol. will be interesting to see how much the other 12 weekers eat!x

Jordyns eating 5 oz approx... the occasional 6 oz bottle!

fingers_cross that's exactly like my lo! haha okay I'm glad I know other babies of similar age are eating roughly the same. I read of some 3 week babies already downing 6oz & I can't imagine my lo eating that much yet! She's a big girl but eats quite dainty :haha:

My little guzzler has five 6oz bottles a day, but sometimes leaves an ounce or so x

I should add though, she's in the 25th centile for weight and her weight gain had slowed right down before xmas cos of a suspected dairy intolerance so I think she's playing catch-up!

Seth is nearly 13 weeks and his having around 6 6oz bottles a day but doesn't always finish them. I tend to measure in ml, and he has between 140-200ml per bottle, but may go down to 110ml if its a night feed. He has 900ml+ per day and is on the 50th percentile (he's 14lbs 5oz)

at 12 weeks my little 1 was taking 4 8oz bottles, 4hours between each bottle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"