How much bad luck? *Updated with photos - may be tmi!*

Armywife

Mummy to 2 beauties
Reaction score
I can not believe how much bad luck i am having! Hubby went back to work this morning (he's in the army and has been on easter leave) and they told him that he's got to go away for 2 weeks :hissy:. He had no idea and hasn't even got any stuff with him so that upset me enough as my SPD has been so bad lately he's my lifeline at home. There are lots of things i can't do without him, just silly things like putting the bins out, getting out of the bath/bed, getting upstairs etc.

To make things worse i was feeling a bit 'off' yesterday but thought it was just stress as i'm not having the best time at work and i'm not sleeping well with my back/hips but when i got up this morning i felt awful and had pains in my side. Within an hour of getting to work i had developed 3 blisters on the left of my tummy button and they were REALLY sore. Called mw who told me to go to GP when i got there i had more blisters and he diagnosed SHINGLES! I can't believe it, i feel so shit and am on my own for 2 weeks. I have to go and have an injection (can't remember what its called but ends in 'oblin') and have been signed off work. I feel so pathetic for moaning and bad for hubby because i'm sure he wants to be at home helping me. I just feel useless and so sorry for myself. :cry:

My mum and dad are away at the minute as is my next door neighbour so i feel totally isolated. I was kind of hoping i'd need to be admitted to hospital i feel that scared of being alone - thats terrible isn't it? :blush: I don't know what to do. :cry:

Photo0245.jpg

Photo0246.jpg

awww hunni, things havent been going well for you lately :hugs: i hate the army when they do things like that!! i know i cant come and help you but im here if you want a moan. hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Oh no - so sorry you're having a crappy time. :hugs:
It really isn't terrible to feel like you need some support with all that going on - maybe you could talk to your midwife and explain how much help you need with every day things and that you have no-one around at the moment. They might be able to get you some help at home, though it might be better not to go into hospital if you can avoid it - all those ill people won't be much fun to be around!
Do you have a friend who could stay with you for a bit?

Awww sorry your going through this hun big :hug: from me x x x x x x

No one who could stay with me, all of my friends who are close enough to do that have babies/children of their own. I'm such a drama queen! =( xx

:hug: aww bless ya! I hope you feel better soon xx

:hugs: they look horrible hunni. dw your not a drama queen, it probs would've been easier for you if you knew hubby was gonna go away a few weeks back! im always the same if Jay has to get up and go im so much worse than if im prepared for it!

Sounds like your having a bit of a crappy time atm. I don't know what i would do without my partner here, i rely on him so much atm.

I hope the next two weeks fly for you. Take it easy and try get people to help whether its getting the shopping for you or just putting some washing on x

It doesn't sound like things are too good for you at the mo. hope they start picking up soon.

poor you hun, i'd be flipping out, so don't think you're a drama queen, you're not.
if you can't do basic things, perhaps tell the doc and they'll look into some help at home for you.
Hope it all pans out
xx

Aw..that does look uncomfortable! You poor thing! Feel free to complain here...someone will be around to listen:)

Sorry you have shingles hun, really hope they are soon gone, my MIL had them a couple of months ago and luckily wasn't ill at all, just had the blisters. We are always here to keep you company :hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am so sorry hon!!!! What an icky feeling. I've had shingles and they are sooooo painful! If you need anything, just let me know :hug:

You're all angels x x x I feel better now, its just so hard not to feel sorry for myself! x x x

Oh hon, shingles is well nasty!

Perhaps you could tell your midwife that your struggling coping and she could arrange for the Health Visitor to keep an eye on you.

My MW offered this to me today cos I am having a bit of a hard time. So with you being really poorly, they would make you a priority??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->