How much BH are too much?

Lyo28

Reaction score
I am just wondering, I know some women get more than others. I get a lot. I can go for a day with maybe only getting 4-5 in total but then I can have a few hours where it is almost constant every 5 minutes. Sometimes it feels like it's too much. I never really worried but just recently thought could it be dilating me or anything? Not sure if that is even possible?

I couldn't say that I've had them yet. I get a bit of a stomach ache feeling somtimes but I thought they were supposed to feel more like period pains. Maybe I've had them and not realised, my bump is very tight later on in the day.

I was told to ignore the '4 in an hour' rule as I have so many. That's there for people who are not sure if they're BHs or contractions. I've spoken to sooo many midwives, both hospital and community who just shake their heads and smile and say it's normal when I tell them I get way more than four an hour.
So I guess there is no 'too much'...my midwife said when they start to get painful so that i'm unsure whether i'm in labour or if they're braxton hicks, that's when to get to hospital.
I always have more than 4 a day and will often get a few hours when they're every few mins but have done since 14 weeks. If they're getting painful and closer together, I guess that's when they are 'too much.' x

With my first pregnancy I was monitored quite a bit because of having so many contractions. I would have 10/hr a lot of the time. My doctor ended up just saying it is my "norm" and I have uterine irritability. Had the same this pregnancy but they didn't monitor me for it, just wanted me to call ifthey felt more painful or different.

With this pregnancy I am getting them very regular. I was at the hospital last Friday and I was having them every 4 mins.... And they stayed that way for 5more hours after I got home.

I think it depends on the person tbh and as long as they don't hurt everythin is fine =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->