how much clothes do i actually need for LO?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Hello Kitty, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Hello Kitty

Hello Kitty Mammy to Logan xxxx

i dont know how much i need to have for when baby gets here, how many vests, baby grows etc do i actually need and what sizes do you think? the newborn stuff is for a 7.5lb baby so a got a couple of things in that and then the rest 0 to 3 months because my OH was over 11 pounds so maybe the newborn will be too small, but then what if the 0 to 3 months are too be?? ahhh i need help ladies! xx

2. willowtree

willowtree Mum and Expecting

Hi ...I'd say get as many things as you can afford really,If your OH was a big baby and your expecting a big baby, i'd say try and get some 3-6 months,i have noticed that some 0-3 months baby grows are quite small and some are big just get a couple of the 3-6 months just to be on the safe side because you will use them eventually,and same with the vests ive got about 15-20 vests and 15-20 baby grows so far :flower:

3. babydoll06

babydoll06 Well-Known Member

I don't think you need alot of clothes in the very beginning.. especially when they are too little to have out in public. Sleepers are great when you're at home alone && then just a few really cute outfits for when you know you're going to be out (like baby check ups) or have company.

My daughter was 8 lbs when she was born and she wore preemie for the first three weeks.. and then stayed in newborn until she was 2 1/2 months. All babys are different though.. I wouldn't get too many of one size though just in case babes comes out smaller/bigger.

4. happygal

happygal mum of 3

olivia weighed 7lb 3oz and we had to buy her some tiny baby stuff coz new born was massive on her.
    i wouldn't go ott on actual clothes but if you don't want to be washing every day id get plenty of vests , sleep suits and bibs. ollie was a fairly sicky baby so could easily need to be changed 4 times a day sometimes more x