How much coffee do you drink personally

CatchBabyDust

Mom(by Gods grace)preg#2
Reaction score
I know everyone says 200mg per day is a limit and it's ok but I'm such a paranoid ! I don't even drink one cup but I do have decaf.. however, it's not good enough ...

I want to know how many of u actually have coffee and how much? I'm a coffee addict and ofcoursei stopped right after finding out I was pregnant .. but now my body is drained and all I want is my pick me up ..

From ur experience, did u see anything negative from having coffee?

I dont drink coffee but do drink tea that's pretty caffeinated. I usually have one a day. Sometimes skip a day sometimes have two on bad days lol. I always have in pregnancies. Im in the category of almost all things in moderation.

Not pregnant now but when I was first time I drank no caffeine at all, second time I had 1-2 cups a day if I needed it. Went without if I didn't. Baby no 2 just as healthy as baby no 1, was smaller but I suspect that's GD related not caffeine related!

I drank 4 cups of caffeinated coffee every day before getting my BFP at 6 weeks along. Now, I drink 1/2 cup to 1 cup in the mornings and a cup or two of half-caff at night. So, a maximum of 2 cups of caffeinated in a day. The doctors I see say 1 cup of caffeinated coffee per day, so my goal is to continue to wean down to a cup a day or less. I've had 1-2 cups of coffee per day with all of my pregnancies, though.

No coffee at all.. I have a cup of tea maybe once a week...and other than than have a no caffeine herbal tea I drink and loooove.

I switched to decaf for the most part, but I still have a small cup of real coffee every other day or so. I think it's fine as long as you don't drink too much

I drink one cup caffeinated every morning. I did not have any in first tri but I do now.

I drank 2 cups a day both my previous pregnancies. No issues with my babies

I was off coffee completely in first tri and only recently started having it again. I only have half a cup on a morning though.
I do however drink cola a few times a week which has caffeine in too. I don't think I regularly go over the 'limit'

I drink one cup of half-caff in the morning. Just remember that chocolate and soda have caffeine also!

1 cup in the am when I get to work, only on weekdays. Occasionally I'll have a can of pop or some chocolate or something and it'll have caffeine in it. I try to stick to non caffeinated or decaf in the afternoon so as not to disturb my sleep.

I drink one large coffee every morning at work and a pepsi in the afternoon. Hats off to those of you abstaining from caffeine! I would die.

I didn't have any through first tri and most of second - mostly as the thought made me nauseous. But last few weeks I've had 1 cup of tea per day and the odd coffee. Also been craving Diet Coke so had that a fair bit.

I tried to abstain completely, tea included but I suffer from really bad headaches so I compromise by drinking a couple or so normal cups of tea to get some caffeine. I still only take decaf coffee but I'm lucky I've found a coffee place that makes amazing decaf coffee so that's my (not so) guilty pleasure!!

I normally have 2 a day if I can stomach it. Sometimes it gives me horrible acid reflux, but I have a 1 year-old tof chase after so I can't survive without it.

In the morning I have a coffee made from half decaf and half caffeine coffee. I then have just decaf tea and coffee, but maybe a caffeine tea later in the day. The other morning oh made my coffee, I had a headache all morning and turns out he'd made a complete decaf one. I need a little bit obviously!

I also gave up coffee once I found out I was pregnant. I'm now 23 weeks and I crave it more than anything! I'm thinking I'm going to start having a cup in the morning!

I don't drink coffee but I do drink soda. I know it's unhealthy but it's my one indulgence. With two littles at home and a baby on the way I need caffeine.

A soda (of my preference) has 42mg of caffeine, so a couple is not going to get me near 200mg.

I take the occasional espresso based coffee drink, a shot of espresso is supposed to have 75mg, so well under 200 as well.

I cut out caffeine almost completely in my first pregnancy and beat myself up over the occasional indulgence - and I got severe pre-eclampsia anyway. With my second pregnancy I went into it with the mindset of moderation and still being able to enjoy my life and do what I needed for me as well as what the baby needs, and I had a healthy full term VBAC. I know that doesn't mean anything, but I think the mindset of moderation is much healthier than making yourself adhere to a strict regimine that leaves you unhappy when moderation is perfectly safe.

With my first I had one cup each morning and some occasional iced tea. This time around coffee made me throw up all first trimester. Now that I can stomach it, I have one small cup of half caff in the morning and an iced tea usually on the weekends.

I don't drink coffee but tea and pop are my weaknesses. The tea has a very small of caffeine in it so I limit myself to 2 cups a day and the pop I limit to one can a day. I need some caffeine everyday or else I get terrible migraine headaches. My doctor told me no more than 3 cans of pop a day or else I will be drinking too much so I make sure to stay way under that limit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->