How much coffee do you drink personally

I had a standard small cup every morning first tri. I suffer from pregnancy migraines, and no medication or rest helps. So my gyn actually told me to have a cup every morning for a couple weeks. I eventually got a gut feeling to stop and the headaches never came back. I feel weird drinking it now though so I resist the urge. I drink it black anyway so it's easy to forgo for a cup of water.

I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but if I'm in the mood I'll have a regular sized cup without feeling guilty. That's usually plenty for me, anyways! It makes me bounce off of the walls, lol.

I went off caffeine in first trimester thanks to the morning sickness but after it passed I have two cups of tea a day and did the same with both my previous pregnancies x

1 cup coffee every couple days and 1 cup of tea every day

I drink 2 cups of tea a day. Did the same with DD. No issues that I know of. I can't cope without! Too tired!

There are days I have two cups and there are days I don't even finish my first cup, so I'd say it evens out to a cup every day.

its so nice to see the varieties..! The average seemed to be one cup per day.. I drink real coffee once a week or so but i do have my decaf (2 cups per day) .. I can't function properly though and caffeine just makes me extra happy and positive to start the day! It has turned into a cup of happiness for me! The days i have coffee I am so much more productive and positive lool its linked to my emotions..

I do try to lift up my mood with decaf, but its just not cutting it..

I guess I will try to let myself enjoy a cup every couple of days :)

I don't drink coffee, but I do enjoy a coke every now and then. I usually have two cans a day, not every day. I did so with both of previous pregnancies and both are healthy as a horse. It's okay in moderation. As long as that's not all you're drinking.

I drink about 1 cup a day (8oz) but I drink it from a tea cup so it feels like two cups (fill once, drink, fill partial a second time, drink). Sometimes I only have one tea cup, most days I have one and then a partial refill. I've done this for my entire pregnancy. I heard up to 16oz is considered safe.

I drank one cup a day until my morning sickness kicked in and suddenly made me hate coffee :O Now I drink one every now and then, and I've also started drinking soda (with caffeine) a couple of times a week, which I never did before. Since it's not a bunch I'm really not worried :)

I gave up coffee the first 2 months but then started having 1 medium 3x week to help with constipation. Now, I'm so tired that I'm having a grande each morning Monday-Friday unless I feel ok without it. Baby was absolutely perfect at anomaly scan last week and the heart rate is developing as normal. It was a constant 160 in first tri and now 144 in second.

Honestly I drink more than I should, although at home I always make decaf or mostly decaf with just a small scoop of caffeinated. I was really careful about my caffeine intake with my first pregnancy, but this time around with a 1 year old to look after and working full time in the afternoon/evenings I just wouldn't survive without some caffeine. I usually manage on 1-2 cups a day, but there is the occasional tough day when I have more.

I drink a large mug of coffee in the morning, and at least a few times a week I have a can of pop or a smaller second coffee. I did the same with my son and he's fine. The research says 200-300mg is fine, and that's on a regular basis, so an extra caffeine day here and there won't hurt. It's really just a matter of not drinking three pots a day every day.

Just be mindful that some coffee shops like Starbucks have much higher levels of caffeine than the coffee you brew at home. You can usually find actual numbers online.

I don't drink coffee. However pre pregnancy I drank diet coke and red bull diet regularly. Now I usually have just sparkling water for a cold fizzy drink. And we only have decaf tea in the house. I usually drink tea with my husband at night but since first trip I went off milk and so couldn't drink my regular tea/ decaff until recently.
With my midwife first appointment she asked the usual questions about alcohol and drugs during my pregnancy which I don't do anyways. But she also asked about caffeine intake and mentioned something about how sad it was watching newborns coming off caffeine when they are born.

I don't drink tea or coffee myself but my mom told me she had tea with milk, because she heard that if you add milk and sugar it takes away many of the negatives effects of the caffeine. Don't know how but all I could think of was maybe it just reduces the volume of the actual tea since it's now half milk. If you really need a pick me up perhaps it's worth a try even with coffee, although I have no idea how that would taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->