How much do things change

sofiasmommy

Reaction score
when you have your second child? Im about 7 weeks pregnant and I have a 2 year old, I'm really worried about coping with a toddler and a newborn! Hopefully someone can give me reassurance? :flower: I'm really excited and happy, dont get me wrong but Im also scared!

im wondering the same thing too honey. Im sure .... some how.... we will just cope. It will be interesting to see what others who have all ready done it say x

Hi and thanks for your answer! I see youre expecting your baby from day to day! How exciting! Yes, Im sure somehow we'll cope but it is pretty scary! I guess I have 7 months to get used to the thought :D xx

Even after 9 months I'm still not used to the idea. Im getting a bit more apprehensive with each day that goes past too. I keep thinking 'it'll be fine whilst my OH is on paternity leave but then what?'

Have you noticed that paternity leave is only two weeks which ends around the same time the baby start to get colicky and things really start to get difficult!!! eeks.... Sorry I'm not being much help here am i!

Have you got a good support net work around you...? Family or friends who can take your two year old for a few hours in the day if you have had a bad night. I suppose your 2 year old will nearly be at the qualifying age for the free 15 hours nursery placement, which will give you a chance to concentrate on the newborn (and house work - joy) and your LO a chance to let of some steam. :flower:

If only that were true! I live in Greece now so there is no free day care (although it is really cheap compared to where I lived in England). I do have a good support network, and my parents will definitely help out with my two year old, but I am dreading the end of paternity leave!

I had an emergency section with my first and a horrible 24 hour labour before that so I started out exhausted, Im hoping this time it wont be like that. How about you? Have you got a support network? I see your eldest is 2 months older than mine, hopefully soon enough you'll get the free nursery placement too!

I know so many people who have more than 3 kids, so I'm pretty sure its possible ;).

I understand why you feel so pensive after hearing that you had to have a C-section after 24 hours of labour... you poor thing. Hopefully this time round it won't be so bad. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Are you having another C-section?

All my family live 2-3 hours away so not much help there - boo! But i have a couple of friends in the area who are in a similar situation as me. We all try to help each other out when we can. I just wish my OH could take more then two weeks off work. I know some people can't even have this. My OH works a 6 day week followed by a 4 day week. The 4 day weeks are great because it means i get his help for three days on the trot every other week, but those 6 day weeks are difficult. At least they were when Noah was a new born.

We'll be fine a soon a we settle into a routine. Just have to hope that we don't get much of a jealousy issue with our older two! :flower:

Thank you :D. I'm definitely planning to have a section this time. I used to think I'll try again for natural but if I'm so exhausted that Im falling asleep breastfeeding then what use am I to my baby?

With my first I had no support system whatsoever, all my relatives live in Greece! And my husband was Italian (ex husband that is) so no support from his family either. That was really tough, on the other hand some privacy isnt entirely bad either. Im sure we'll both manage :)

Jealousy issues! Ah, just one more thing to think about :wacko:

The worry doesn't leave you with further pregnancies. I'm expecting my 3rd child now and I am crapping myself about how I am going to cope with three, just like I did when I was expecting my second. But you just do, there's no other way to explain it.

It just works. Baby kind of fits in, like he/she was always there. I'm trying to remember this myself now I'm having #3!

When my second daughter was born, my first daughter was 21 months, so a toddler. It was actually a lot easier than I expected. In regards to a C section (I never had one), it may be slightly more difficult in the initial weeks if you have to have another, and I guess it depends on the kids themselves and how demanding they are, but things always work out in one way or another because they have to. It was so long ago for me as my girls are 8 and 10 so I forget exactly how it was, but it doesn't stand out as a particularly difficult phase in my life :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->