how much do you give before winding?

upsydaisy

Reaction score
i guess this question is aimed at ff babies, how much do you give your lo before winding? do you give them only a couple of oz's then wind before you give them more or do you let them deceide when to stop when they have wind, we let our lo deceice when its time for a wind cause if we stop to wind and after she's brought it up she wont take anymore,even if she's only had an oz or 2
just wondering what everyone else does

i tend to wind tommy for a couple of minutes before i feed him...if he lets me and isnt screaming for food, give him half his bottle (he has about 6-7oz) and then wind him, some times he lets me and wont scream and brings up an enormous burp followed by trump other times...hes like "my god what do you think you are doing and are you seriously thinking your gonna take that milk away from me for more than 5 seconds?" and screams blue murder so i give it him back and wind after..kind of trial and error..

are you having any problems with the wind coming up at all?

h x

she quite good at bringing up her wind, she takes the whole bottle, 6-7oz has 2 big burps but then she tends to hang on to a wee 1 which maybe after an hr upsets her, if we stop her any way through her bottle she wont take anymore, so it was getting into a pattern that she would only take 3oz or so and only be a couple of hrs between feeds were she would only do the same again, if we give her the whole bottle in 1 go she seams to take it better

I don't burp her inbetween but the most she ever takes is 6oz. When she was mostly on formula and having 7-8oz I burped her halfway through too.

Chloe will spit the teat out if she needs winding.; Every 2 oz I gently pull it, if she spits it out she needs winding- if she doesnt spit it out she doesnt.
Sh'es right too- never burped unless she's spat the teat out!!

I BF but in the first month my baby was very gassy so I winded him between each boob ( before swap side )He didn't like that and cried because he didnt like to be disturbed but if i let him finish both side he would be very gassy and would cry more
Now i only wind him when he finish his meal,lol.

I burp Chase when he gives me the signs....his face will go red, often I will hear the gas in his tummy, he gets agitated and squirmy, etc.

I used to burp Hannah in between feedings, but we stopped because she was getting very fussy and wouldn't take the bottle again like you say your LO is doing. We let her eat as much as she wants and burp her afterwards. Sometimes she'll take more, but not most times. She eats between 4-5 ounces in a sitting now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->