how much do you pay on your water bill?

pandacub

Proud mummy to Jacob
Reaction score
I am on low income (income support) and pay £48 a month.. they initially wanted £60something so I thought this was ok, but ive just been looking at what other people pay and it seems way less than me.. paying Jacobs extortionate nursery bills (last one this month, hurrah!) have left me completely broke, and I dont want to pay more than I have to.

I just looked online and welsh water do a low income scheme thing where bills are capped at something like £200 a year, but no one has ever mentioned schemes like this to me before! I can apply, but the changes wont take effect until next yr I think.

I've got a water card. So much easier I pay £5 per week on it so its all better. See if you can get one it just spreads the cost alot better for me.

Xx

Mines in with my rent but split down its around £5-6 a week I think.

Mines 40ish a month. Which i always think is high.

We don't pay water rates in military housing, but in previous homes (previous to 2012) we paid £32 a month with welsh water for the 3 of us in a 3 bed 3 bathroom house and had a dishwasher, so yours seems quite high hun unless rates have increased a lot? Plus we got a rebate when we left.

Thanks everyone, also my phone is being sloow soni will properly thank everyone later.
I just double checked and its actually £52 month. I will look into a water meter, it will definitely be cheaper. I'll have to ask someone else in the building what their bill is like, maybe its the area I live? But £600 a year is ridiculous for just me and my LO.

Is ur account in credit? That could help lower ur bill.
I was being charged £68 a month for 1 adult and 2 boys. I then called up as I was in credit by £250 and took £100 out for Xmas last year.

They then sent me a letter reducing my bill to £10 a month and now it's £22, I've had to do a lot more washing Recently

I don't have a water meter. For a 2 bed flat I pay £38.44. This was based on 2 adults living here. If I ring them to tell them it's just me here now, will they reduce it?

We have a water meter. It's 20 something pound (can't remember exactly) for the 4 of us x

We pay £30 a month. But we have a water meter and can depend how many people in household

We don't pay water charges in Northern Ireland

£45 a month on a 1 bed flat with 2 adults and 1 child. I think its an extortionate amount but then most of our bills are living in Dorset!

Ours is £40 a month which I think is very high for a 2 bed apartment considering were never here Aswell to use that much water... Everyone else I know locally with bigger houses are paying about £25-30 a month !

Am I right in thinking Scotland doesn't get water charges either? OH mostly deals with the bills but I've never heard him mention it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->