How much do you plan to spend on your LO this Xmas?

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
I've found a kitchen I really want to get DD for Christmad but it's nearly £150! That's without any accessories which I'd ask family to get if they ask for present ideas. We'd also want to get little stocking presents (just books, crayons - little things) as we're away from home on Christmas day and I'd want her to have a little something to open from us as there's no point packing up the kitchen and taking it on three hour journey along with everything else. However DH is pretty shocked at the cost (ooops) and I can see his point. Just how much is too much for an 18 month old? Am I the only one contemplating spending this kind of money? In fairness this a really nice wooden kitchen thats built to last and has a fridge/washing machine/microwave so I think she'd get years of use and pleasure from it.

I dont think there is a too much or too little little. As long as you can comfortably afford people should spend what they like.

Im trying to stick to 200 per child then 150 on a joint present of a kitchen snd accessories but we'll see what happens.

As long as its affordable and the kids have a good time I'm happy :)

I think whatever your comfortable with as long as children respect presents and are not spoilt (if you get my meaning). We will spend about £100 on Charlie but we are having to spend £150 on his new bedroom furniture as moving into bigger room, and he doesn't really need for anything.

Probably around £50 per child.

There's no right or wrong answer though, as long as it is affordable to you!

Think it's going to be about £150 - that's my aim anyway x

I think people should spend what they like, what suits them and how their families operate.

We will spend around £50, we are hoping to get him a balance bike. I don't like spending a lot at Christmas or buying lots of gifts. Plus we are moving abroad next year and wont be lugging it all with us.

My sister on the other hand spends around £400 on each child. Different courses and all that.

We never have a set budget per se. Last year we spent around £200 on Joshua (Wooden Kitchen!) and around £100 on Jacob.

This year, I have got Joshua a scooter for £30 & Jacob a balance bike for £25. There is 2 joint presents which were £20 for both.

Will probably buy a few bits & pieces

We don't set a limit but this year its about £50 I've spent on each so far and with the exception of their stocking fillers I'm done. They only have 6 presents each from us (I get the same number for each) but they are things I know they will love. Previously I have spent a small fortune on them and they have had piles of stuff but were overwhelmed especially dd1 as her birthday is 3 days after christmas.

I think it will be around £80-100 this year. He gets so much from family that I don't really want to spend any more or we'll have no room for all the toys in our tiny house!

£150 for birthday and the same for Christmas. They're 6 days apart for DD anyway so I just buy through the year. I don't think there is a right or wrong amount just what you can afford and want to spend. What kitchen are you considering? There may well be codes/offers that could bring down the price a little :flower:

The girls will be getting a tablet each and then only a few presents each and Fox wont need much so our total spend will be maybe £300 ish

Probably about 30 or 40 pounds. She's only four and has plenty of stuff. She gets loads from family etc so I tend not to go overboard.

Let me guess Little Tikes kitchen?

I eyed it up last year but struggled to justify the cost and went for a bigjigs one instead, he hardly plays with it so glad I never spent any more on it.

Budget for this year will be £150-200. I should say his big thing this year is a train table.
Planning to try and get family to pluck ideas from a list rather than loads of stuff that never gets looked at.

Dying to have a clear out from last year. Which is an indication he has too much stuff that never gets looked at.

I dont have a figure in mind, last year I got much of George's toys pre-loved so spent very little, this year he is hopefully getting the Ikea wooden kitchen so (£65 without accessories!). Joshua had a small fortune last yera, but this year has asked for mildly cheaper stuff, Xbox game etc Generally they put 3 things on a list to Santa and I get them - whatever the cost, then from me I get a few smaller presents although this year I am getting them a tablet between them so that will be all with new PJs (Joshua looks forward to his new PJs lol). I think I will need about £250 to do Christmas for me and Santa between the 2 of them!

£50-£70. Will get one big present and a stocking. I probably spent more than that last year but family always buys her so much i'm getting to the point where storage is becoming an issue!

I don't think there's a right or wrong - it's whatever you're comfortable with. The first year we spent about £20 as she was 9 months old and knew no different. We could've stretched to more but didn't see the point and she didn't open our gifts on Christmas day in the end as she got so overwhelmed with other presents from people. We tend to pick up new books/jigsaws etc fairly regularly anyway as at this age they outgrow stuff too quickly to wait until birthday or Christmas. For her second Christmas we spent about £30-40 I think.

This year we will probably spend about £30 as we're moving house just before and I go on maternity just after. That said we'll save our best present idea for when the baby comes and that will be her present from the baby. We also have my old dolls house which my grandad made for my mum, it's beautiful though needs a bit of renovation - I'm planning to fix it up for her birthday in March, will hopefully be a really well received gift but won't cost us much.

I have bought most of my son's xmas presents already when I see bargains and have spent about £50. i not planning on buying him anything else maybe some more megablocks.

My parents on the otherhand are spending £180 on a kitchen for him. They can afford to and it will get hopefully used a lot!!

I'm doing £150 budget for my daughter, a lot of the things I'm buying will do her throughout the year though (toys, clothes etc.) and I'm putting £50 to one side incase my baby is born before Christmas so I can get him a few things :)

Thanks everyone for your replies. we can afford it, it just seems a lot! For those asking which kitchen, I did like the little tikes premium kitchen but now I've seen this one and I like it better (15% off at mo) - https://www.gltc.co.uk/super-chef-kitchen/toy-kitchens-and-play-food/gltc/fcp-product/10002622

Thanks everyone for your replies. we can afford it, it just seems a lot! For those asking which kitchen, I did like the little tikes premium kitchen but now I've seen this one and I like it better (15% off at mo) - https://www.gltc.co.uk/super-chef-kitchen/toy-kitchens-and-play-food/gltc/fcp-product/10002622

Wow thats lovely!!! No no no I cant double my spending on the kitchen :argh: Might show this to OH see what he says ha ha

We dont really have much extended family, so what the boys get from us & santa is what they get mostly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->