How much does a baby gain in last 5 weeks?

StarAngel

Reaction score
So I am 35 weeks and had a scan of my little one done and they told me shes coming in at around 6lbs 2oz already, how much can she gain in the next 5 weeks? I am really nervous that I will give birth to a big baby, I am ftm so sorry if that sounds silly. I have heard its easier yo give birth to bigger babies but am concerned about my hoo haw!

Also I must mention that on the screen I noticed that her head is measuring 36 weeks and her legs are measuring 37 weeks.

I think I read somewhere it's half a lb per week. ...I could be wrong though. Consider yourself lucky though, we don't get any scans here in the US unless we're high risk.

Ya, like pp said, it's supposed to be a half pound a week. My little boy was estimated 5.5 lbs at 33 weeks so my OB projected between 8-9 lbs at term. Just remember too though, the scans aren't always right and they can be off on estimations.

I'm 36 weeks and am having 2 weekly growth scans because I'm high risk. On average lo tends to gain half lb a week. He was 5lb 13 today and 4lb 13 at my scan 2 weeks ago x

I am the same. I had a growth scan last week at 34+6 and said the baby's weight is 5lbs 3oz and I am worried about what weight the baby will be when the baby comes!! Due to my experience with my first child.

Xxx

I also heard half a pound a week.
i'm also high risk have my next scan at 32 weeks then another at 36.
at my 28 week scan baby was estimated to be 2lbs 6oz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->