• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

How much does one cycle of iui cost?

no_regrets_91

LTTTC 10 YEARS
Reaction score
my husband and I decided that once my hypothyroid is under control which shouldn't take long cause it's just slightly elevated, that we are going to give it 3 months and then consider IUI.

so how much does a cycle of IUI cost in the US?

my first iui was $550, then it was $50, then $300.. So I take it they screwed up the first time and that's why the second was only $50. So $300!! lol

OMG! I want to live in America!!! Do these prices include drugs too? Like the injections?

In the UK one round of IUI (inlcuding scans, drugs and the procedure itself) cost us about 1,200 in USD :wacko:

around here in CO, an IUI for me will cost 600$ per cycle or 1500 for 3 cycles plus cost of meds.

The range is anywhere from $200-$800. Just think it's still cheaper than IVF.

One round of IUI will cost me 2000€... including the drugs. Think that's a bit beyond my budget.

thank you guys that doesn't sound to far out of my budget and will probably be managable.

Our insurance through the military paid most of our meds. I think I paid $3 for clomid and then $9 for the FSH shot! :) So I guess it was $312

I've been really thankful for my military insurance too. All of my scans have been covered, and my meds have been a small fraction of what it'd cost with regular insurance- $9 for femera, $9 for FSH injections. So all I paid for with my IUI was the procedure. I guess I'm fortunate that my IUI was on the inexpensive side. I think about it in terms of everything is cheaper than IVF.

That's all I have to pay for with Tricare as well. It's been nice.

Approx. $1500 - $2000 w/ clomid & injecatables...Depends on the amount of medication you will need. My meds were $850 & the Dr visits inclusive of ultrasounds & IUI were $800. Sperm prep $ 140

Best of Luck!

OK, the numbers quoted here are a little misleading in my opinion. I think the original poster is asking about the "total cost" of IUI without insurance. In that case, and in my, and my wife's, experience it is about $1800 per cycle. That included everything from ultrasounds to the procedure itself. Some research online revealed this article that shows the average total cost of and IUI procedure in 2012 and provides the breakdown of the total cost into its components. Looks like you can expect to pay anywhere between $1200 and $2000 depending on cycle type (clomid or inject), meds, etc.

These numbers do not include any insurance coverage.

Hope this has cleared some things up a little.

Nathan.

Im in Australia and its $1940 not including medication.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"