How much does room temperature and blankets etc affect BBT????

Eltjuh

Mum to Lucas and Logan
Reaction score
This morning my temp went up pretty high for me, which I was hoping was a good sign. But I was pretty hot last night and had been tossing and turning a little before my alarm went off (not sure how long before it was exactly though)
So I was just wondering how much of an effect the room temperature and your blankets etc have on your BBT???
Since it's getting a little warmer in the UK now so it gets a little hot under the blanket sometimes, especially with my hubby who is like a little radiator!!!

I'm honestly not sure, but based on my past 3 nights of sleep, I'd say blankets and room temperature may not have much of an effect.

Morning 1, woke up with the blankets thrown off b/c I was warm. BBT was lower than normal.
Morning 2, woke up freezing. BBT was higher than normal.
Morning 3, woke up freezing (colder than the day before, since we slept with the windows open and the outside temp dipped quite a bit). BBT was normal for my luteal phase.

Over these 3 mornings, I temped within 5-10 minutes of 4:15 a.m., using the same thermometer and in the same spot as I always do.

I'd be interested to hear other's thoughts and/or experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->