• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

how much does your 2 month old eat?

divershona

Mummy to Kaya :)
Reaction score
Kaya is 10 weeks old tomorrow and she's guzzing 7-10oz of cow and gate hungry baby formula every 3 hours during the day and will then have about 15oz in the hour before she goes to sleep at night about 11pm, and then will sleep through to about 8am. so in 24 hours she's having about 43-55oz ... according to the tin she should be having about 36oz in 24 hours

According to the tin of formula a 2 month old should be having 6oz 6 times a day, and kaya is definately having more than that! She was 8lb 11oz when she was born and weighed 12lb 6oz last tuesday so she's putting on weight etc. i just can't help feeling she's stuffing herself and straining her little tummy with the amount she's eating.

any suggestions, i know she is too young for baby rice yet but I'm just going through soooo much formula i just need some advice

My LO is 12 weeks and had 4.5oz every 3 hours or so. So quite a bit less than yours!

Sounds like she's gaining weight well & likes her food! Not sure it's anything to be worried about. Can you chat to your HV about your concerns?

hi

my LO is 12 weeks and she has about 4/5oz every 3 hours, seems quite a lot but if shes hungry shes hungry i would speak to HV my little girl is gaining weight but slowly she was 6lb 11oz born and last wk ws 9lb 12oz. xx

my HV is rubbish and just told me to stop feeding her so much ... she doesn't have to put up with a hungry screaming 2 month old. Kaya eats it all and then is very rarely sick, and if she is its less than half a teaspoonful amount so she must be wanting it.

maybe she's just a hungry girl ... i thought that maybe it was that she was thirsty not hungry but the HV said that its not possible but when i spoke the the dr he said it was possible and i should try giving her some cool boiled water inbetween feeds but no more than an oz at a time.

i think it just depends on the baby, my lo is 8 weeks and has 7oz every 3/4 hours in the day and goes 6ish hours at night most of the time but my cousin whose baby was due on the same day (but was a week early) will only have 3/4oz..suppose they all have different appetites but its definately more expensive the hungrier they are! x

I bf during the day so no idea there but he has a bottle of formula before bed and this gas upped to 11oz now!!! He then sleeps through the night and if he has less to drink he wakes in the night! Evan is a large baby so I'm happy to go along with it!!

You have a hungry baby, if she is hungry then she has to be fed. My boy is 10 weeks on Thursday he has 5 oz every 2 and a half to 3 hours, sometimes after 2 hours he will want more, and what he has at night varies. My boy is big for his age, he's in the 98th percentile for his height and at this week last week he weighed 13 lbs 7 oz...but at birth was 7 lbs 9, so he is gaining well.

I dont think you have anything to worry about. Personally i found the hungry baby formula useless, he does much better on sma stage 1.

Katie is 12 weeks and has 4 7oz bottles a day and sleeps through the night xx

You have a hungry baby, if she is hungry then she has to be fed. My boy is 10 weeks on Thursday he has 5 oz every 2 and a half to 3 hours, sometimes after 2 hours he will want more, and what he has at night varies. My boy is big for his age, he's in the 98th percentile for his height and at this week last week he weighed 13 lbs 7 oz...but at birth was 7 lbs 9, so he is gaining well.

I dont think you have anything to worry about. Personally i found the hungry baby formula useless, he does much better on sma stage 1.

thats exactly what i told the HV but she told me i shouldn't be feeding her when she cries! well if she is hungry then im going to feed her obviously!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"