How much does your baby feed......

Ann-Marie

I adore my 3 children !!!
Reaction score
OK..... so I'm now just bottling, as my boobs stopped producing milk... :shrug: We tried..... never mind...

What I'm wondering now, is whether Mia is having too much formula. I'm feeding her on demand... as you would on the breast... but I'm worried that I'll be overfeeding her doing this. She's having about 4oz every 3 hours....

Thanks xx

Hannah took 3-4 ounces every 3-4 hours at that age, closer to 4 :D

Keep feeding on demand, that's what I do with Hannah and the pediatrician has never commented on her gaining too much weight--just says that she eats well :)

As long as you watch the signs of a baby being full and don't try to force them to eat when they aren't hungry I really don't think you need to worry

She is proper chunky... I just want to eat her thighs with all their rolls :lol: :cloud9:

:rofl: Caitlyn was eating more than that AND having boobie back then. She isn't gaining so much weight now she's interested in more than just eating.

Hannah's really long and has almost no tummy but she has fat rolls on her legs and arms :lol:

Mia looks like a turtle when she's naked.... her belly is really round but flat.... The boys were like that too !!

Lola-Rose is eating about that much now! :lol:
She has 3-4oz every 4 hours or so...

Elliot's having 4oz approx every three hours now-so doesnt seem too much to me. I asked the midwife if its ok-and she was happy.

sounds just fine to me hun.... Rihanna is currently taking 3-4oz every 3-4 hours on demand. x

Mia was 6. 13.. and at 5 weeks she was 9.12 !!!!!!! :blush:

Mia was 6. 13.. and at 5 weeks she was 9.12 !!!!!!! :blush:

I can beat that! My chunky monkey was born around the same time as Mia and he is takin approx 5 oz every 3-4 hours but takes 6 at his last feed around 8-9 then sleeps till bout 2-3 then takes bout 4-5 oz and sleeps till bout 6-7am. Got him weighed today at just over 6 weeks and he is 11lb and he was 6.13 at birth - health visitor thinks he is ok - you cant stop them eating if there hungry. xx

Thats about how much Helena eats. Sometimes a little less if she is eating more frequently.

I weighed her yesterday.... 10lb 12oz !!!!!

I asked the hv if she thought she was over gaining and she has told me to stop feeding her on demand ( she's on bottles ), and only give her milk every 4-5 hours. Inbetween, water or dummy....

I didn't listen :blush:
What if she fills up on water and won't finish a full feed...??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->