How much does your lo eat?

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by RJ01, Dec 11, 2009.

1. RJ01

RJ01 Mam to Katie and TTC

I have just finished bf and now ff Katie but I'm not sure how much to give her or how long between feeds.
    I was going for 6oz every 4 hours does this sound about right?
    She goes to bed at 7pm and wakes around 12 and 4 for a feed I going to try a dream feed at 11pm instead would anybody recomend it?

2. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Mummy to Adam and Joel

Adam has 4 feeds of 210ml (7oz), at approx 4-hourly intervals, 8am, 12pm, 4pm and then bedtime, around 10-10.30pm. he doesn't always finish the bottles, leaves 1/2-1oz sometimes.

we don't dreamfeed - he wouldn't do it, and no need, we just let him sleep downstairs till bedtime (so usually about 7 or 8pm till 10pm) and then he wakes for the bedtime routine and a bottle with his daddy. he's fine after that till 8am.

3. elly75

elly75 Guest

Our little guy has about 160-180 mL each feed which is about every 3 to 3.5 hrs.

As for dreamfeeding, some folks find it works for them while others may have issues. We've almost got it down to a pat so hubby DF's him at about midnight and he's good to go till about 7 or 8 am.

4. Cracker

Cracker Well-Known Member

I have just finished BF as well, LO has been FF for 5/6 days now..
    She has 150-180ml at 7am, 10.30, 2pm, and split between 5 & 6.30pm. Then a feed at 10.30 of about 120ml as she falls asleep. Then for the last 2 nights she has been feeding at 2am and 4am about 100ml each time... One hungry baby!!

She is 10 weeks