how much follow on milk??

lilmissdanni

Reaction score
My lo has 3 7oz bottles of follow on milk a day and 2.5 meals (lunch and tea and sometimes a little at breakfast) his routine is:

Bottle when wake up (8ish)
Half a round of toast (or sometimes just the crusts) (9ish)
Bottle 11:30
Lunch 12-12:30
Tea 3:30-4
bedtime bottle 6:30-7

He niggles before tea but I'm a bit wary of giving him another bottle. I've tried snacks and they don't tend to satisfy his hunger. I follow the guidelines on the tub, can I give more per feed as he drains each bottle or can I squeeze an extra 4oz top up in?? Sometimes he has an afternoon nap after lunch from which he doesn't wake up from till 3-4. When he does that, obviously he wouldn't need a top up feed.

My DD2 was having 4x7oz bottles of C&G follow on until she was 1. Even then she only went from 5 bottles to 4 once she was fully weaned and on 3 meals a day at 8 months. Be lead by your baby for how much milk he wants. Personally I HATE the guideline chart on the formula tubs. They are really outdated and should be changed to reflect that being fed on demand is the best thing for babies, not the ancient 4 hourly routine that they still seem to advertise as the norm! xxx

That doesnt sound like much milk to me so i would say its fine to give more milk if he wants it. I agree with pp that its on demand and if youve tried snacks then he obviously needs it x

Yes I would offer more milk and see.

Jack has 3 x 7oz bottles a day and has done for about a month, he also has 3 full meals a day and the odd snack!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->