How much food does your 16-22 months old has?

Wombat

Married mum of 2:)
Reaction score
Hi girls :D

My little boy is 19 months and we went throught stages of him eating a lot, nothing, little....

But now I am just worried he has too much. I just don't want to him to get overweight.
That is what he has on average day.

Breakfast: Either baby porridge mixed with milk (approx 200 gramm or the size of 2/3 of Avent large bottle) or toast + 2 baby youghurts.

Lunch: Approx 250 gramm (size of Avent large bottle) of main course (either soup or a stew) + 100 gramm of fruit puree or half a banana + sometimes 1 small baby youghurt

Tea: Same as lunch or finger foods like 1 banana, some cheese, 2 baby biscuits

7.00pm: his milk feed before bed (approx 8oz)

11.00pm: another 8oz milk feed

He is very energetic and we go with him for long walks (approx 1-2 miles) few times a week. He walks himself. And is generally very active during the day.

Do you think it is the right amount of food he has?

:hug::hug::hug:

I think it sounds fine, if he's eating it all with no problems I wouldn't worry about it. We always feed what they want. I have a 19mo old too :) He turned 19mo on the 15th. How big is your little guy?

Thanks Mommy :hugs:
My little boy was born on the 13th of September so our kids are almoust the same age :hug:

They need to eat little and often and 8 tiny "meals" are better than 3 big meals anyway so snacks of toast, apple etc are great. The only thing I might try to cut down is the yogurts/baby fromage frais coz they contain an awful lot of sugar. You might give him 2 coz they're small but bear in mind the high sugar content and try to just give one per day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->