How Much, How Often?

sassy5058

Trying for number 2!
Reaction score
Hey

My baby girl is 10 weeks old now, and has 150ml 6-7 times a day, and on the formula tin (S-26) is says by now she should be on about 5 feeds a day. She feeds every 3 hours sometimes 4. She's also waking up between 2-4am for a feed, but she had cut them out for a bit. I don't know if I'm coming or going. I know every baby is different and shouldn't pay too much attention to the tin.

I just wondered how much and how often your feeding your babies of around the same age?

Cheers

my boy is 9 weeks old and he is still following the pattern from when he was born. 3-4oz 3-4 hourly

Ollie is 9 weeks too. In the last week or so he has been having 5 or 6 feeds in 24 hours (3-4 hours between them during the daytime). I wouldn't worry though as when he was born he would feed just a couple of ounces every 2-3 hours, and even up until a few weeks ago he would have more feeds than just the 5 or 6 he is on now.

my baby is 6 weeks old today and since he was 4 weeks old he is on 6oz every 4hrs so i changed to sma hungry baby but he still takes 6oz every 4hours

I wouldnt pay any attention to the tin, my baby is 10 weeks on Thursday and has 150 mls 7 or 8 times a day, works out to about every 3 hours but sometimes less. He's always had more than it says on the tin, but then he is bigger than most babies, he is in the 98th percentile for his height.

They are all different, and how much they need to feed varies widely. If my baby is hungry then I'm going to feed him.

Don't worry about how much she is taking, if you compare to other babies then some will take much less and some more, it all depends on their size. Some babies are just hungry babies aswell.

Thanks for your responses.

Katie weighs 6kg. She has been sleeping through the night again now, and having 5-6 feeds a day, and none during the night. I guess she just had a growth spurt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->