how much is to much weight?

broodylocket

Reaction score
hi, im moving house and just moved a sofa down the street to give to someone.
now im petrified i caused stress to my little bean....
is there a sort of weight u should lift and not go over ....

im all achey :cry:

our GP just said no heavy lifting/strain.....a gal in my office who is 7 months just moved apartments and apparently was doing alot of the lifting.........craziness

If you had to strain your muscles to move it, you shouldn't...

Pregnancy is the only time in your life where you have an excuze to be a lazy bum! Take advantage of it!Lol!

Definitely be careful what you are lifting I'm pretty sure that a sofa is a bit too much

when i was having katie i was so cautious about lifting! i dont have much choice now, with a 9 month old to cope with too! 1st time round i wouldnt lift things like crates of beer, but i spend a good deal of time lifting and carrying katie who is over 10kg! so i just go by the weight of her in terms of lifting things now!

Youre still pretty early on in your pregnancy chica and if youre having to strain to move it then I think thats too heavy...I wouldnt risk it,go easy on yourself :hugs:
(Oh but also dont go into a panic now that youve harmed the little one,babies are very resilient xx) xxxx

I've been told not over 25lbs unless its a child of yours which you don't have a choice about lifting. You are probably fine, but for the rest of the pregnancy I wouldn't lift anything heavy just to be on the safe side :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->