how much is to much weight?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by broodylocket, Aug 21, 2009.

1. broodylocket

broodylocket Well-Known Member

hi, im moving house and just moved a sofa down the street to give to someone.
    now im petrified i caused stress to my little bean....
    is there a sort of weight u should lift and not go over ....

im all achey :cry:

2. dadandmom2be

dadandmom2be Expecting Our 1st!!

our GP just said no heavy lifting/strain.....a gal in my office who is 7 months just moved apartments and apparently was doing alot of the lifting.........craziness

3. ladypotter

ladypotter Three Girls!!!

If you had to strain your muscles to move it, you shouldn't...

4. KarenLV

KarenLV Well-Known Member

Pregnancy is the only time in your life where you have an excuze to be a lazy bum! Take advantage of it!Lol!

5. Sweetie

Sweetie DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!

Definitely be careful what you are lifting I'm pretty sure that a sofa is a bit too much

6. alice&bump

alice&bump mummy to katie

when i was having katie i was so cautious about lifting! i dont have much choice now, with a 9 month old to cope with too! 1st time round i wouldnt lift things like crates of beer, but i spend a good deal of time lifting and carrying katie who is over 10kg! so i just go by the weight of her in terms of lifting things now!

7. jen1604

jen1604 Well-Known Member

Youre still pretty early on in your pregnancy chica and if youre having to strain to move it then I think thats too heavy...I wouldnt risk it,go easy on yourself :hugs:
    (Oh but also dont go into a panic now that youve harmed the little one,babies are very resilient xx) xxxx

8. WhosThatGirl

WhosThatGirl Mommy of 4 amazing kids!

I've been told not over 25lbs unless its a child of yours which you don't have a choice about lifting. You are probably fine, but for the rest of the pregnancy I wouldn't lift anything heavy just to be on the safe side :)