How much is too much?

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
Hebe has had a bottle of EBM after her bath for ages now. That used to give me a break before the next feed but now it's her last one before she goes down for the night.

My sister FF and she told me that when she starts to drain a bottle I should add another ounce. That's alwasy what I've done but we are now at 12oz (9oz in one bottle and 3 in a second bottle) and tonight she drained that for the second night running. She would have carried on if there was more for sure.

So how much is too much? Do I just keep adding ounces? I am confused....:wacko: :shy:

i was told to just add more, she will only take as much as she needs

x

Hebe has had a bottle of EBM after her bath for ages now. That used to give me a break before the next feed but now it's her last one before she goes down for the night.

My sister FF and she told me that when she starts to drain a bottle I should add another ounce. That's alwasy what I've done but we are now at 12oz (9oz in one bottle and 3 in a second bottle) and tonight she drained that for the second night running. She would have carried on if there was more for sure.

So how much is too much? Do I just keep adding ounces? I am confused....:wacko: :shy:

Yep, I'd say if she keeps drinking she must be hungry. Just keep adding an ounce and see how much fills her.

They can't gorge themselves (unlike me)

xxx
xxx

I'd up it as well, though I can't say I've ever had the too much milk problem with Hannah ;)

Id up it too chick :) Jacob wont drain more than 5oz if im lucky :dohh: so i dream feed him when i go to bed to make sure he's had enough milk. But if she is taking it i say give it to her, she'll only ever take what she needs XxxxX

Ta girls. I was just worried that they made bottles 9oz for a reason and she was being a gannet!! x

Another question???? :shy:

So now when I dont have enough BM pumped (which is obviously happening more and more) I make the short fall up with Aptimil. I have the blue one - stage 1 but now she's 6 months old should she be on the next one?

Ta again!

We are only just switching Hannah over to stage 2 as she just isn't a big milk drinker. I might try it and see, maybe it will fill her up better?

I was just wondering that too. I know BM changes over time to suit so it makes sense that the formula might need to alter too. :)

So now when I dont have enough BM pumped (which is obviously happening more and more) I make the short fall up with Aptimil. I have the blue one - stage 1 but now she's 6 months old should she be on the next one?

Ta again!

Yes Lise, I'd move her to Green 3. It's fortified with iron to complement weaning. xx

although just use up your number 1 first... it's the credit crunch and all. xxx

Ta again!

Yes Lise, I'd move her to Green 3. It's fortified with iron to complement weaning. xx

I looked at them in the supermercardo this week and I didnt know if to go for the lilac or the green. Cheers babe. x

I'm getting towards the bottom of the the box anyway so it's all good baby!!! I will need a new one next week for deffo. x

yup green... lilac is hungry baby but i'd just go for green!!! mwah! x xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"