• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

How much is your baby sleeping?

Kristin83

Mommy to twin boys & NTNP
Reaction score
I feel like my boys sleep a lot during the day and usually they fall asleep while still eating.

A normal day for them is:

wake up at 4am/bottle feed
-sleep from 5-8:30
bottle at 9am
-sleep from 10-12
bottle at 12
-sleep from 1-4
bottle at 4
-sleep from 5-7
bath at 7pm
bottle at 7:30pm
-sleep from 9pm-12
bottle
-sleep from 1-4am

So they are sleeping about 17 hours a day....at 2 months old is this still ok? when they are awake they are very alert, the dr even commented on it at their 2 month check up. they smile in response to me talking to them but I still havent got a clue on what to do with them when they are awake that'll keep them happy. its harder bc there is 2 and i'm not always the happiest due to PPD.

Sounds fine hun. Omar used to sleep 17-18 hrs day & night at this age. He started to sleep less at 8.5 months :D

As for entertaining them, you can take them in a rounds in the house, show them pics & paintings, sing & talk to them show them their reflections in mirrors, take them for a walk (if you can manage with two babies) & tell them stories or read to them before bedtime xx

thanks :) i just feel like a horrible mother bc it feels like i have little interaction with them. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt doing anything that could effect their development

No hun, you're not doing anything wrong. Omar was more interested in sleep than food. He wasnt so keen on drinking his milk but he loved his sleep. Sleep is good for their development & growth. xx

My LO is 3 weeks old & I was worrying he was sleeping too much, but as omarsmum said - sleep is good for brain development - its vital. More important than play/interaction at this stage.

Even though you must be shattered with the broken sleep & looking after 2, you should still try & make the most of their sleep time, before they get a bit older & they'll start sleeping less & less.

BTW - do you nap when they nap? How does your routine fit around theirs?

:flower:

I try to nap but it takes me 45 minutes minimum to fall asleep so by the time im asleep they wake up lol. Im usually cleaning or eating while they sleep. Hubby lets me take a nap when he gets home though so it's not usually too bad. Im just happy they only wake up once a night and almost always at the same time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"