How much milk at 15 months?

BabyGirl999

Harry's mummy!
Reaction score
Hi everyone

As the title says really! I suspect I’m giving my wee man too much milk really, but would be interested how many ounces of milk your babies get and how many times a day? Thank you!

Also has anyone still got their 15 month old on formula?

My daughter would get about 1 cup of goat or cows milk at that age, roughly 4 oz with breakfast and 4 oz in the afternoon with her snack. Sometimes less if she didn't want it, she typically prefers to drink water. She eats a lot of yogurt and cheese so we didn't really worry too much about giving her milk to drink. Once her brother was born she started drinking more milk because I would give her pumpped breast milk which she really likes.

The NHS recommendation is 500 ml a day in milk or its equivalent in calcium rich foods/non-dairy milks, etc. until I think 5. We switched to cow's milk at 12 months, but mine had 2 roughly 200-250ml cups of milk a day until about 14/15 months (first thing in the morning and then bedtime). We dropped the morning one though around then as she wasn't hungry for breakfast if we had it. So it was really just about 250ml at bedtime, plus milk in food (porridge, cereal) and calcium rich foods like cheese, yogurt. They did offer small amounts of milk as a drink at nursery, but I'm not sure really how much she drank and it wasn't very much.

My daughter is 8 months & only drinking (formula) 4oz with breakfast & 6oz at bedtime ... ! So we are already well below the recommended 18oz a day until 5! I get the impression milk isn’t going to be her thing! My doctor told me food is more important so long as she’s eating plenty of yoghurts & cheese (she loves these) & having multivitamins! So I’m not concerned.

My nephew still drinks 2 x 9oz bottles at 3.. and he is a terrible eater. He doesn’t often have breakfast or tea due to drinking so much milk before these meals! :-/

My DD has about 400ml of milk, if she finishes both her bottles (one at night and one about 5am before she goes back down to sleep some more). A lot of the time she won‘t finish them though.

She does like cheese, eating yogurt is hit and miss for her though.

And yes we do still have her on her formula.. But i know we should and will switch it to cows Milk pretty soon. She already has it in her porridge and i cook a lot with milk. We just haven‘t switched her bottles yet.

You don't HAVE to switch to cows milk. Mine all had formula till 3ish and no trouble moving to cows milk for cereal etc.

My 13mth old has LOADS lol she probably has about 5x7oz bottles a day, sometimes 6 or 7! She loves her food too. She eats well and is not overweight.

My son was still on formula at 15 months. He was such a terrible eater that he still got most of his nutrition that way. He was drinking between 18-24 oz a day at that time. Most of it was nighttime and over night bottles as I was trying to encourage regular food during the day.

Thank you everyone for your replies! I thought he was getting too much as he has 3, sometimes 4 X 7 oz bottles, but tbh he drains them and still eats ok so I think I’ll stick with it for now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->