How much milk does a tub make??

KimB1980

IVF Success
Reaction score
Hi

We combi feed lo and have been using the ready made cow & gate cartons for the ff part.
At the moment in tesco the small 200ml cartons are 59p (think that's the standard price in most shops) so is about 30p per 100ml. I was wondering how much cheaper, if any, the powder formula is - I've seen the tubs for £4 & £7.
I'm a first time mum and have just used the ready made ones because that's what we used in hospital.
Also do you think it could cause any problems switching to powder at 6months?

Thanks

Archie is on 6 x 7oz bottle on average per 24 hour period and a large tub lasts me about 6 days!!

I think the ready made stuff tastes a lot creamier than the powder tho xx

The tubs will be much better value. Lasts us a week and we use 3x8oz bottles a day and a few oz here and there on cerial

hopefully not too confusing as im crap at explaining things..but..

..we used to give rhys 2 x 210ml feeds a day when he was still on formula and this would last me for 14 days with a few oz spare from an aptamil tub.

so that equals just over 28 feeds.

28 feeds from cartons at 59p each would cost £16.52,
28 feeds from a tub would cost £7.95 (thats how much i was paying for aptamil)

although, i used to keep a few cartons for times where i just needed to do milk like NOW!! lol

xx

Asda are doing c & g cartons for 49p at the moment. I've just started to use powder after using cartons for 2 feeds per day and lo doesn't seem to have noticed the difference. Still keeping in cartons for use when we go out for day as easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->