How much milk to take with me?

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by madkoi_baby, Dec 19, 2009.

1. madkoi_baby

madkoi_baby New mummy

Hi

I have been breastfeeding since Jack was born & tonight is the first night I am going out to a party & want to have a few glasses of wine.

Just wondered how much milk to express to take with me?

Jack tends to feed every 2hours during the day & feeds every 3 hours at night for about 10mins at a time. I want to express enough Milk so his dad can bottle feed him at the party & then tonight when we go to bed (as i'm concerned of the alcohol in my bloodstream) ...does it affect them????

Would be grateful for some feedback! :) xx

2. florabean1981

florabean1981 mum to Harry 06/10/09

well, my lo usually takes 3-4oz of ebm at a time... :shrug:

3. Kaites

Kaites Well-Known Member

lactation consultant told me that as long as I'm not feeling buzzed and I time the drink to minimize that chances of LO getting the alcohol, there is probably not enough alcohol in my system to worry about. I'd imagine that if you are just going to nurse one drink over the course of the whole party, you are probably going to be fine when you get home. As the lactation consultant said, if you want to relax with a glass of red wine, you've earned it :)