How much milk??

shnuckums

Reaction score
My lo was only 4lb 10 at birth and have started trying to wean him off milk at 13mth as health visitor told me he should not get 3 lots of milk a day ... How much milk should he be getting?? this is his routine so far ..

wakes up 210ml milk (any time from 6am to 8am)
about 9.30am - porridge
about 11am biscuits

12.30 lunch - pasta and a juice
2pm - fruit or biscuits

4.30 dinner - pasta / dinner and water or juice

7.30 - 210ml milk

is he getting enough do you think?? xx

They should be getting 2 cups a day, or 16 oz, I'm not sure how many mls that is though, I think it's 450 ml or so. That includes all dairy, cheese, yogurt etc. Your schedule sounds great to me, similar to my own. You said the hv said not to give it 3 times a day, but your schedule only shows morning and night?

So LO only getting 2 cups of milk? Seems fine to me!! I would maybe give the milk after breakfast instead of before, but it doesnt really matter! 2-3times a day at 1 year is normal! My LO 2 next month and still gets 3 a day usually!

I wouldn't worry about him having 3 at 1 year old as long as he's eating a decent amount of food too. Tom was still having 4 full bottles until 1 week before his 1st birthday and then had 3 full bottles until he was about 14 months old.

Your schedule looks fine but don't feel bad if you feel he needs an extra bottle of milk in there as well for a couple more months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->