How much poo is too much poo?

MaskedKitteh

Reaction score
Little man is 9 days old and exclusively breast fed. I feel like all I do is change poos!
How many poos a day is usual, and when should I begin to worry? Thanks!!

Only if they are all water and causing a severe nappy rash, smell extremely foul, or are dark green/bright green especially if frothy, black, white, red or extremely mucusy. Frequency has nothing to do with it; in fact more frequent yellow poos mean a better milk supply xx

Thanks, they're bright yellow, and hardly smell!!
A nose that is used to toddler poo (I have an 18 month old) can struggle to detect them sometimes! Yesterday he managed to poo all over my shirt, shoe, the floor and the changing table in the midwifes!! Haha

thanks hon. I feel like such a clueless noob! My eldest was ff'd and suffered terribly with constipation, so I'm just clueless!

My girl is 4 weeks tomorrow and still poos all the time - she is caking weight on though so I think as said above its a sign of getting good food!

My HV said this week don't worry if they only poo once a week or so eventually - can't imagine this as there is still always a parcel for me when I open her nappy now :)

My LO is 16 days old and poos pretty much every feed so easily 8 times a day:flower:

My babe is nearly 6 weeks and still poos almost every feed...he's super healthy and gaining really well practically a pound a week. If it stays yellow then don't worry about frequency probably means he's getting lots of yummy milk.

He'd already passed birth weight at 8 days :) so I hope we're doing good! Thanks everyone!!

Lily is still pooing after every feed, at 2 months but she is doing alright for her weight etc. I think I'd worry now if I opened a nappy that wasnt full of yellow stuff!!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->