How much processed food to you give your LO? Be honest please!!!

emily also LOVES cheese and crackers
i just get the 0.1g fat wholemeal oat things
they taste like sawdust but she likes them
so yea she has them a few times a week too

:haha::thumbup:

she doesn't really eat big meals she tends to just
pick which is why she eats so much fruit and what not
easier for me just to give her a punnet of grapes and
let her pick for most of the day than cook meals she
won't eat, she has a hot dinner but again doesn't eat
much of it, not too fussed she gets her 5 a day and
her diets pretty good in general

:flower:

I think it's all about balance. If all you feed your lo on is processed foods, then obv it's not good, but I don't believe the odd thing does any harm. I make 95% of Finns meals from scratch, but I don't mind him having the odd bag of quavers or a fromage frais. He does occasionally gave a little tin of alphabet pasta for lunch. I think you need to aim for an overall balanced diet, it would be near on impossible to cut out ALL processed foods imo

Charlie has fish fingers, beans and waffles every now and then. I always buy the low sugar/salt beans. He loves fish goujons as well and has cereal most days. Always greek or natural yogurt and St Dalfour fruit spread rather than jam though. I don't buy jarred sauces - just whiz up a tin of tomatoes and herbs.
He has been in KFC once or twice and gets the odd shop bought pancake/crumpet/muffin/croissant.
He's had a half bag of quavers or wotsits sometimes as well, but he eats a lot of fresh fruit and veg so I know his diet is balanced overall.

We love the St Dalfour stuff - that's what we have. It is naturally sweetened and we all love it.

We love the St Dalfour stuff - that's what we have. It is naturally sweetened and we all love it.

The blueberry one is amazing :thumbup:

I bought this one recently and Ruby picked out all the bits of blueberry and handed them to me individually saying 'I don't want this.' I ended up scooping out the contents of the jar and blending it :blush:

Hmmmm CHEESE is like a trigger word in our house, Seb would eat it all day long if I let him! Any cheese - he has a fair bit every day.

oh I forgot about cheese - cheddar and cream cheese - Thomas eats LOADS of both. That's probably his biggest processed food intake actually.

oh I forgot about cheese - cheddar and cream cheese - Thomas eats LOADS of both. That's probably his biggest processed food intake actually.

I wish Charlie would start liking cheese again :( he used to eat smoked cheese, feta, ricotta - anything! Now he won't even entertain a Laughing Cow triangle!

I think its everything is moderation. Ruby has fish fingers about twice a week because she loves them. She prob has a biscuit twice a week and an icream as a treat once a week ( just a milk one ) I do prefer to give her proper home made food and if she has a biscuit ill still make sure she has had her fruit x

Omar also eats loads of cheese. But he doesnt eat spreads only cheddar pieces, squares & white cheese like halloumi. Does white cheese count as processed?

Erm, not a huge amount but I don't have a problem with a bit here and there, everythng in moderation and all that, is my motto. So she has the odd bit of chocolate, nibble of a biscuit, (cheese, bread, crumpets etc..the things I just won't make myself), she's tried a fish finger (odd girl doesn't like them it seems!!), she likes oven chips and humous. So yeah, a bit from time to time.

I give Jessica crumpets, cheese spread, cheese, cheese biscuits (anything cheese really!) she has a few oven chips here and there too, I do give her the odd biscuit and few wotsits/mini cheddars too. I dont see a problem in moderation. She does eat lots of cheese though (and I dont see a problem with that tbh) but everything else is home made. My LO wont eat fruit at all, so I do try and make sure she has a mixture of veg in her dinner everyday instead.

Havent tried things like potato waffles, fish fingers and things like that yet.

La has quite a lot I guess...

- waffles
- fish fingers/fillet in batter/crumbs
- chicken strips/breasts in crumbs
- steals our crisps
- baked beans (try to buy lower salt ones usually but she does eat others)
- pizza sometimes
- vegetarian hotdogs
- meatballs

Usually I make pasta sauces but she has had some jars, and I usually make curry sauce for her but she has had jars. She has had some oven chips too and the odd ice cream (she LOVES ice cream).

Overall I think her diet is pretty good but I have relaxed a lot more as she's got older. She doesn't have these things at every meal or even every day but more than lots of you on here I guess.

everything is home cooked, once a month we have a take out and he eats whatever we order. Also if were out and been out all day and he is hungry i will buy him a sandwich or chips.

I forgot about cheese, too!! Oops!

I like the St Dalfour jams and the Super Jams...I really like making them, too, indulging my need for strawb jam...

Lizzie loves jam!

kyle proberly has to much, however on days when im home all day we will have homemade food, and we always make sure we have some fruit or veg in so he gets that every day..

I supose kyles worst is cheese he LOVES it, oh and in the hot weather icepoles/icecream haha

I'm alot more relaxed now than I was a year ago. She's also very fussy now so sometimes it's a case of just getting something down her :lol:

Most food is cooked from scratch (it helps that my sister does most of the cooking!) but she has:

Dairylea - daily
Cheddar - daily
Fish fingers - once a week
Bread - daily
Pizza - maybe once a week

Cereals are weetabix or porridge, her yoghurts are the big probiotic organic ones, she never has crisps, would have chocolate very very occasionally (maybe once every couple of months). For snacks she has raisins, bananas, Plum snacks, Organix grain bars etc.

When I cook there's more jar sauces but she won't eat eggs, vegetables, potatoes of any form, pasta unless it's lasagne etc etc

I give Laura whatever she will eat - I can give her all the fruit and veg I like but if she doesn't want it she won't eat it!

Atm we're going through a fussy stage so she's just playing with her food and is only eating chocolate biscuits and crisps - everything else just gets thrown on the floor sigh.

Usually Laura loves her pasta and fruits, she has whole milk and juice and we have fishcakes, fish fingers, smileys, sausages, chicken, chips etc for evening meal or lunch. I don't mark it by week etc, I just do whatever each day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->