how much pumped breast milk do they drink?

Carolyn

Reaction score
as it says really...
i don't want to warm any up and waste it!!!!!!!

hey hun dont know if this helps but I talked it over with the midwife, because Im mainly giving expressed breastmlk and breast feeding she said do the same amount as you would give formula, which for me is about 4oz give or take but if your unsure give your health visitor a ring, my poor booies are finding it hard to cope now dont know what Im going to do when the oz go up, by the way this is based on the fact that before about last week she was ona mixture of bm and formula, so I wasnt giving as many feeds ie 7-8 a day between 3-4 hours depending on whether it was bm or formula but know its defo every 3 hours not sure if this helps luv heaths

ps just bought a medela swing electric pump and omg its amazing and really helps with let down

I store in 2 ounce increments. I warm as she eats so I don't throw any more than 2 ounces away.

Right now she's drinking 6-7 oz every 3 hours or so.:hug:

thanks, some good advice!

i went out giving oh strict instructions about when she would need feeding..,i fed her, i went, i came back 20 mins later and he'd given her everything i'd managed to pump that day!!! she had 5 ozs! i'd just boody fed her. does this mean she's not getting enough from me normally??

she really settled down after that...no nigginess like normal!

and...two hours later she was asleep and i dint feed her before she went down! she went down in her own crib! not our bed! and she slept til 3!!

these tablets that i'm on seem to be doing the trick?

i bloody hope she's put some weight on on tues's weigh in...

i never used to warm my expressed milk - just gave it at room temp. It can keep for about 5 or 6 hours at room temp. So if baby left a bit, he could always have it to start the next feed?

also i found this: https://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/milkcalc.html#calculator

ps just bought a medela swing electric pump and omg its amazing and really helps with let down

I totally agree I love my medela (customer service is great too) I was heating 3-4 oz at a time and was using almost all of it. If I needed it I would heat another oz or two.

thanks ladies, very useful help you've given me.

she'll have 3/4 ozs from the bottle at the mo. i can only get 40ml max each time i pump, so i have to do at least three pumps to make up for one feed. that seems like a lot of hard work, although before these tablets i was pumping out an ounze a day only!!!!so...

will i get more milk over time? how long do you think this could take? my boobs feel very full, i'm a bit disappointed with the volume of boob milk i'm getting. am i doing it correctly? i pump on low building up to high on the machine, til the milk doesn't come any more...then i do the other side. then i go back to the first, then back to the second boob.

also... i'm finding it hard to find time to pump in the day, madam's not sleeping unless she's in the pram!! that would be a sight to see!!! me pushing pram and pumping along!!! she cries when i pump in the same room as her...? any ideas on combating this?

i'm a nuisance i know...:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"