How much should baby be moving?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by sweetcheeks85, Apr 15, 2009.

1. sweetcheeks85

sweetcheeks85 Well-Known Member

Hiya I think I had my first movement a couple of days ago it was like a flutter/flick in my lower abdomen. Im even doubting myself that this is infact bubba moving.

The thing is im probably only feeling this say 1-2 x a day....Is this normal for 18 weeks? I know its still early days and there is alot of room for bubba to move around in but I just need a wee bit of reassurance :shy: Anyone else in the same boat?

2. Scally

Scally Well-Known Member

I am 19 weeks, and exactly the same as u, sometimes i go days without feeling the movements. I cant wait to the stage where u can feel them fidgeting and kicking lots!!!

3. louise1988

louise1988 Well-Known Member

yeah iam 17+5 weeks and i feel jus a few i cant wait til its kickin me all the time lol x

4. elly75

elly75 Guest

I remember when I was around that stage I didn't feel a heck of a lot (fluttering here and there). However, as time passes, little one will get stronger and become a lot more frequent.

Don't worry about it for now and just enjoy the little fluttering/nudges when they come.

Take care ladies. :hugs:

5. Vici

Vici Mum to a LTTC princess!!

I'm 21 weeks + and I don't feel my LO yet so you def have nothing to worry about. It can stretch right out in there and its only when feeling very lively you'll feel it :D

6. firegal

firegal Well-Known Member

Yep, absolutely the same as me. As you said yourself, there's a lot of room in there for the LO to move about right now! I'm sure they'll be kicking us black and blue soon enough :)

7. sweetcheeks85

sweetcheeks85 Well-Known Member

Yeah lol cant wait :rofl: (i sound like a crazy pregnant lady)

8. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Mummy to Adam and Joel

I didn't feel a thing till 19 weeks and even then it wasn't often. Then my 21 week scan showed the placenta was anterior, so I relaxed a lot. Now baby has his moments, and they're becoming more frequent, but I can still go hours and feel nothing.

9. highlandlassi

highlandlassi pregnant with twins

i am in the same boat. i feel some fluttery movements but not the definate kicks yet. i think i worry because everyone thought i would feel movement more and earlier seen as i have three kids already am having twins and was thin to start out. i even ended up buying a doppler for reassurance. cant wait for the fulll fledge kcking to start up!

10. HeidiLSparks

HeidiLSparks Mom of 2 & 1 on the way!

Yeah that sounds normal :D Its a neat feeling