How much to buy

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by Arcanegirl, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

Im gonna try BFing but im not expecting myself to be exclusive or stick to it past a week or so, so how much formula tubs should i buy in?
    I was thinking just 1 or 2 tubs to get started, see where were at with feeding etc.
    Opinions?

2. staceymy

staceymy Mummy To Two Princesses

We bought around 3. Used to use one every 2wks. I wouldnt buy too much in as baby might not like it or have a reaction to it. But you want enough in so your not having to nip out in the first few weeks.

3. FEDup1981

FEDup1981 Mam of two & two angels

yeah that would be enough AG, because yu dont want to waste any if baby doesnt take to that particular formula. U can always send ur OH out for more if needed x

4. passengerrach

passengerrach mummy to kai

before 6 weeks ur supposed to give new babys the cartons of ready made formula rather than the powder so just get loads lol because u get through them

5. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

Id get one tub of powder, just incase LO doesnt agree with it or like it, that way your not stuck with £50's worth of formula you cant use :)

6. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

i agree, i brought way too much :blush: i would just get one tub and see how LO goes :D for maddi i had a tub of SMA, a tub of cow and gate and a tub of aptamil - should of just brought one aptamil and stuck with it for us x

7. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

Just the one, it should last you a couple of weeks. Tesco is open 24 hours most days, so you can nip out and get more if you need it :)

8. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

Bleurgh at Tesco :rofl: (i work for Asda you see :p) Asda closer and i get 10% off :lol:

9. helen1234

helen1234 Well-Known Member

i'd buy a couple of ready made catons its cheaper than buying a whole tub esp if your gonna try bf'ing thats what i did loads easier 4am to whack that in a bottle like what happened to me lol, if you decide to formula feed get a tub then.
    x

10. alice&bump

alice&bump mummy to katie

not sure how many you'll need cos i BF up til last week, just remeber tho, you cant take it back to the shop if you bu too much or the wrong type. health and safety and all that - i've had so many rows with customers over it at work!

11. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

Yep those were my thoughts exactly. We bought one tub and than had a couple of sample cans that had been given to us (same brand). I didn't want to buy too much in case she didn't take to it

12. Ema

Ema Mummy :) xxx

Id only buy 1 tub, I bought HEAPS of sma gold and after 3 days we had to switch as jacob didnt like it one bit :dohh: so then when i bought apitmal i bought heaps(you'd have thought id learnt my lesson :rofl:) and at 4 weeks old found out he was lactose intorlant so on special milk :dohh: so i had 70 off quids worth of milk and no use for it :dohh: XxxX

13. fifi83

fifi83 Well-Known Member

Id just buy the one tub too xx

14. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

Just bought one :)

15. princessellie

princessellie Pregnant with #3

i just bought a couple of the ready made uht cartons, i figured thatd give me 6hrs to get some more if for some reason i couldnt BF

x

16. missjacey44

missjacey44 Jacey & Baby Tye

Good, I agree with the others. I brought 3 tins of SMA and it didnt agree with bub so changed halfway through first tin! So the others were wasted!

17. Max&amp;Mom

Max&amp;Mom Guest

1 should be enough !

18. lollylou1

lollylou1 Mummy to Belle and preg

i bought loads and have ended up giving it all away as Annabelle reacted badly to it

Lou
    xxx

19. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

1 or 2 - I bought loads of SMA in with Caitlin and I had to change her! Lesson well learnt as they won't exchange them either x

20. Sophie1205

Sophie1205 Mum to 1 and WTT

Yeah one tin will do. And you can give a baby the powdered milk btw in reference to what someone said about only givin new borns ready made stuf... theres no difference in them and you can give them powdered milk
    x