How much to buy

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Im gonna try BFing but im not expecting myself to be exclusive or stick to it past a week or so, so how much formula tubs should i buy in?
I was thinking just 1 or 2 tubs to get started, see where were at with feeding etc.
Opinions?

We bought around 3. Used to use one every 2wks. I wouldnt buy too much in as baby might not like it or have a reaction to it. But you want enough in so your not having to nip out in the first few weeks.

yeah that would be enough AG, because yu dont want to waste any if baby doesnt take to that particular formula. U can always send ur OH out for more if needed x

before 6 weeks ur supposed to give new babys the cartons of ready made formula rather than the powder so just get loads lol because u get through them

Id get one tub of powder, just incase LO doesnt agree with it or like it, that way your not stuck with £50's worth of formula you cant use :)

i agree, i brought way too much :blush: i would just get one tub and see how LO goes :D for maddi i had a tub of SMA, a tub of cow and gate and a tub of aptamil - should of just brought one aptamil and stuck with it for us x

Just the one, it should last you a couple of weeks. Tesco is open 24 hours most days, so you can nip out and get more if you need it :)

Bleurgh at Tesco :rofl: (i work for Asda you see :p) Asda closer and i get 10% off :lol:

i'd buy a couple of ready made catons its cheaper than buying a whole tub esp if your gonna try bf'ing thats what i did loads easier 4am to whack that in a bottle like what happened to me lol, if you decide to formula feed get a tub then.
x

not sure how many you'll need cos i BF up til last week, just remeber tho, you cant take it back to the shop if you bu too much or the wrong type. health and safety and all that - i've had so many rows with customers over it at work!

yeah that would be enough AG, because yu dont want to waste any if baby doesnt take to that particular formula. U can always send ur OH out for more if needed x

Yep those were my thoughts exactly. We bought one tub and than had a couple of sample cans that had been given to us (same brand). I didn't want to buy too much in case she didn't take to it

Id only buy 1 tub, I bought HEAPS of sma gold and after 3 days we had to switch as jacob didnt like it one bit :dohh: so then when i bought apitmal i bought heaps(you'd have thought id learnt my lesson :rofl:) and at 4 weeks old found out he was lactose intorlant so on special milk :dohh: so i had 70 off quids worth of milk and no use for it :dohh: XxxX

i just bought a couple of the ready made uht cartons, i figured thatd give me 6hrs to get some more if for some reason i couldnt BF

x

i bought loads and have ended up giving it all away as Annabelle reacted badly to it

Lou
xxx

1 or 2 - I bought loads of SMA in with Caitlin and I had to change her! Lesson well learnt as they won't exchange them either x

Yeah one tin will do. And you can give a baby the powdered milk btw in reference to what someone said about only givin new borns ready made stuf... theres no difference in them and you can give them powdered milk
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->