How much vitex/Chasteberry fruit/agnus castus?

Amygdala

Reaction score
Hi all! Anyone taking vitex/Chasteberry fruit/agnus castus? If so, how much do you take? I've got a natural supplement (only ingredient is Chasteberry fruit) and the bottle says to take two capsules of 400mg a day. Is that what people are taking? I'm finding no info with regards to ttc at all.

Also: if you're going to continue past ovulation and into first trimester, does the dose differ? Is your doctor overseeing this? I want to keep taking it for its progesterone raising effects as I've had two unexplained miscarriages so want to do what I can to help progesterone just in case. I'm in the uk so doctors aren't interested because I've not had three miscarriages in a row. Anyone with any info?

Im taking 2 tablets a day, each are 1000mg so in total 2000mg a day. Thats the dose on the pack and thats the most common dose I could find from googling. Im planning on taking it til a positive test. Thinking I might wean off it after a positive and gradually drop it down to none over a week or 2 incase suddenly stopping has a negative effect. Ive only been taking them for 5 days.

I talked to an herbalist and she recommended 1,000 mg every morning before breakfast so that's what I've been doing for about a month now. Seems to be helping too.
Oh and she said that if you do get a positive and have issues with progesterone to keep taking it til the end of your first trimester. It's been known to help prevent recurrent miscarriages.
Good luck!!

I took two 400mg tablets a day to get pregnant with number one but had to up it to three to get pregnant this time (probably because I'm still breastfeeding). I did take it through the first trimester with DD and will continue to take it through the first trimester with this pregnancy (fingers crossed it sticks!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->