How much water to drink before 12 week scan?

bigbloomerz

Reaction score
Hello all you lovely yummy mummys, I have my 12 weeks scan tommorow first thing in the morning and im wondering how much water I need to drink beforehand? E.G how many glasses or how many ML of water? :coffee:xx

Hi,

Good luck with scan tomorrow, you must be so excited. Where I work we tell the ladies they do not need full bladders or to drink lots of water.

HTH

i think they say to drink a pint and a half an hour before your scan x

It really depends on the sonographer. If they didn't tell you to drink water than I wouldn't worry about it. My doc doesn't find it necessary. Actually - she said it just makes the patient uncomfortable....

i had a pint and half a n hour before and was fine but then had to have internal scan so had to go pee!!!

I didn't have any water. On more recent machines it's not necessary at all, just ask them.

I was told i dont have to drink water but i did i just baught normal bottle
in shop and drank before i went into scan xx

I drank about 1/2 litre of water about 20mins before scan.

I DONT KNOW EXACTLY BUT DONT OVERDO IT,IT CAN BE VERY UNCOMFORTABLE IF YOU DO!! :blush:

I've read around a pint before, but personally I didn't bother with mine today.
I simply drank as I normally would, and went to the bathroom only an hour before the scan. The picture on screen was still very clear, and my bladder full enough.

Just have a drink before you go, and you'll be just fine =) Don't over think it, it won't make that much of a difference apart from the fact you might be very uncomfortable if you drink too much

They told me 3 glasses of water an hour before my scan, and then they let me pee because i was gonna pee everywhere if they didn't.

when i had my scan on saturday i had to give a sample before they had a look for the baby and they had a sign up saying they did not need a full bladder for the scan.

Call the hospital and find out what they prefer?

I only had one glass about an hour before. The pictures were great, your bladder does not have to be bursting.

i was told at least 2 pints & it takes 40 minutes from going in your mouth to finding your bladder! a bit uncomfy but well worth it as it helps get a better image (at least on some machines!!). enjoy xx

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev097pr___.png

thanks everyone, I drank a bit and it really hurt whilst they were doing the scan, the DR said you dont need to drink much but it helps the visibility of the scan if you do have some water in there and its not empty :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->