How much weight gain?

CapitalChick

Mommy to 1 and preggo!!!
Reaction score
So....I went for my 20 week ultrasound a couple of days ago, and everything looked really good. They said that the baby was smack dab on the 'average' mark for all the measurements they did. I was quite pleased with that. After the ultrasound, I went straight to the OB for an appointment, and the nurse weighed me. She told me that, after losing 7 pounds in my first trimester and then gaining 4 pounds at the very beginning of my second trimester, I've since not gained any weight at all. So, that means that I've gained -3 pounds this whole pregnancy. She said that I don't need to worry too much because the baby IS growing properly, but I can't help but wonder if I'm the only one.
My morning sickness has returned with a VENGEANCE and I'm throwing up two or sometimes three times a day. But I still manage to eat a fair amount most days.
So, what's the deal? Why aren't I gaining weight? I don't want to complain THAT much, because I was always worried I'd gain a TON, but I'm still wondering if this is normal or common...

I didn't start putting on weight til like week 23....I lost weight in the 1st...and its coming on though..I gained 20 pds so far.....you will gain don't stress it...:hugs:you don't want to grow to fast sometimes that can cause stretch mark:blush:I didn't show good til like week 25...lol

I've put on about 5lbs so far, maybe more, I have my next MW appt next monday so we will see. I am always eating and feel like I gain about 20lbs a month but apparantly not!! You will probably just start gaining weight just out of the blue!

Up until about a week ago I'd put on about 5lbs. Weighed myself yesterday and imagine the shock when I found I've now put on about 10lbs! I knew it would come at me with a vengeance!

arggh i have no idea, will find out tomorrow at 20 week scan i bet its not pretty lol

I've gained 28lbs now :|

However, my midwife doesn't care, so I don't either.

I've not put on anything yet... Did lose a few pounds first tri but I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight now which to be fair is pretty massive! :blush:

People can't see I'm pregnant yet as my belly was big to start with...

Had 20 week scan last week and all the measurements seem on target so I'm not worrying about it, I'm sure it will all catch up with me soon.

Try not to worry xxxx :hugs:

It comes in the third tri girls, it comes in the third tri.

I forgot I was looking at the 2nd tri board and I was like "HOW did they only gain 5lbs!?". Although, I think your weight gain in 2nd tri really reflects your weight gain in 3rd tri. If you gain a lot in 2nd tri, I think (from knowing other pregnant people) that you're more likely to keep gaining a lot in 3rd tri, and if you don't gain a lot in 2nd you're likely to just gain the base amount in 3rd. Or thats how it seems to me.

You're fine :hugs: as MW said baby is perfect!

Youll be fine hunny .
I was wondering the same thing , I put a 2lb on then lost 2lb now iam just at my pre pregnancy weight , I have had no morning sickness and eaten like a pig lol . I am a little worried but every ones told me as long as baby is right size not to worry **Hugs**. xx .

I've only hit my pre-pregnancy weight today after losing loads in the 1st tri. As long as baby is fine, don't worry about your weight hun.:hugs:

Ive gained 14lbs so far....... and its still creeping up and up!

I lost 3lbs in first tri and have gained 5, so a net gain of 2lbs so far. Like MM I had no morning sickness and am eating loads. So don't worry, your baby is doing fine so relax and enjoy it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->