How much weight have you put on so far?

happy2bme

Newly pregnant :)
Reaction score
I've been determined not to weigh myself (I try not to anyway - scales are evil!!) - and I think I've put on about half a stone so far from my nrmal pre-preg weight (depending on the time of day!!), although I did lose weight in the first tri from being ill. I am feeling huge, and non of my trousers fit at all - I have bought maternity jeans although they all fall down at the moment as my bump isn't big enough. What I want to know is how are some of you still fitting into your pre-preg jeans? I might be able to just fit into them but they really dig in.........I'm wondering if it's because I'm quite short, my bump starts down quite low as my body is quite shallow?

I know it's probably stupid, but I' feeling really down about my body image at the moment, and feel extremely self conscious :cry::cry:

Do any of you ladies feel like this? xx

I'm not sure how much I've gained, I gained a lot in first tri but all the clothes that fitted me when I was 11 weeks still do now.. So I've probably not gained a lot since then!

I've gained about 5 pounds so far. I've been fluctuating on gaining and losing the whole time though.

i have gained 5lbs so far,i was very ill until around 18 weeks so didnt gain any weight until after then.i havent tried but i shuldnt think any of my pre preg clothes fit me either hun,they say that 2 stone is the ball park figure to be gaining,so at half way,u arent doing too badly hun.x

i had already put on 10 lbs by 12 weeks pregnant - i DARE not weigh myself now. i can get in to my normal trousers but i cant do them up at all!!

i've had to resort to maternity wear from peacocks (with the adjustable bump band!!) they're great and they are only £10!! or £16 for jeans!

i used to be a much larger lass - i lost loads of weight before i got with my hubby so i'm petrified of gaining the weight i used to be - although its rather inevitable whilst being pregnant. but i am keeping myself fairly sane by knowing that i'm picking sensbile foods to snack on and i know that after i have had baby i know how to loose it again.

doesn't always help me not to freak out but i know i wouldn't want to stay slim and not have a baby!

lol ive gained a half a pound im 133.5 lol im huge but gained one pound LOL

It will depend on your size to start with and as some have said if you were really sick that will effect it. The bigger you are to start, in theory, the less you should gain.

I've gained exactly a stone so far. :)

I've only gained 2lbs so far but my bump is massive. I've been losing weight from elsewhere so I think it's just rearranging itself.

I was 60kg at 4wks just got weighed thurseday and ive put on 2lb at 25wks so think im really lucky at the moment hope i dont put loads on lol with my first i put 3 stone on omg ive learnt since then x

I gained 3 kgs from finding out i was pregnant to my 20 week check. And i hadnt got a bump as such then, Pleople tell me i dont have much now, but i do...so much so that it sticks out of my bath water when lying down! But can only get in 1 pair of pre preg jeans, and 1 combats..not brill! x

well 25 + 1 now and ive gained 11lb so far:(

i didnt much much weight on in 1st trimester due to sickness ive also been measuring myself every 2 week to so i could keep a eye on things 2 weeks aho i hadnt put anything on anywhere bare my stomach checked myself tonight im up 1/2 inch on my thighs and 1 inch around my hips so going to be careful with what i eat from now on well after xmas...as i dont wanna put to much on as ive a few stone to lose after the birth plus whatever i put on by end of this one.

I feel really terrible now :cry: i was weighed by this study im a part of at 26 weeks and that was the first time id weighed myself since i found out at 6 weeks and id put on 2 and a half stone!! :cry: no idea how, i hardly ate for first 14 weeks for sickness... X and i wasnt big before i was a size 12.

i kno how you feel trashit, iv put on 2 stone. was only size 8 -10 pre pregnancy. but hey im enjoying it and il worry about weight after bubs has arrived. :winkwink:

The smaller you were the more you can gain without it being a problem Trashit and Debjolin :) I wouldnt worry....I intend to do what I did last time and BF it all off :smug:

I was a size 10 pre-pregnancy and started wearing size 12 skinny fit jeans a few weeks ago...they're now too small really and I've put on a stone exactly. Think I'm gonna have to buy maternity stuff in future as size 14 will be massive on my chicken legs! :lol:

I've actually lost about 5+lbs. But I'm overweight anyways and my doctor said it was okay. So I'm actually excited about it. :happydance:

Thats really reassuring! I Know my body wont be the same again but that much weight i feel is takin the piss :( but ill just have to work reli hard wen hes here! Hopefully bfing helps!x

It does Trashit. I gained 3 st last time and I didnt do a thing to get it off but BF. I had a few lbs left but I knew I was going to TTC so I didnt sweat it. I BFd and stuffed my face and it just dropped off :D I think I gained about 4 st with my first.

I'm in Yorkshire BTW ;)

I gained 3 kg before 6 weeks, but nothing since then. Well, maybe 1/2 kg. Up until then I was eating normally/healthily too. I think it's kind of redistributed since then as I didn't have a belly to start and now I do. All my clothes still fit except in the obvious area too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->