How much will one day off affect my supply?

Kiddo

Reaction score
I'm sick today and I don't have the energy to either feed Harvey or to express. He's had two bottles today already. I was wondering how likely it is that one day will make my supply low tomorrow?
My boobs don't feel engorged or anything yet.

its probley not a good idea, i went out a few weeks ago shaya stayed with her aunty i fed her at 6.30ish then her anuty picked her up any way i got home at 5ish expressed till i was empty (i was rock hard), and fed shaya at 10 wen she came home, there is a point to this story... i havent felt the same my boobies never feel full, i dont really express now cos i scared that my body isnt makin enough so if you can feed or express i would, xxx

I went almost a whole day in the beginning because I was so upset and frustrated and was going to give up. After that it took quite a while to build back up the supply. But this was in the very beginning when I wasn't even established yet so I'm not sure if it's the same. Can you just lay and feed him and nap while you do it? There's really no effort involved if you just lay there and let him feed himself. I barely notice waking up half the time at night because this is how I feed. :haha:

not sure about your question on supply. guess it wouldn't be as bad as at the beginning, but better if u can avoid it.

have u got someone that can come and help u so literally all u have to do with baby is feed? when i had mastitis i was lucky my mum was around so she basically comforted, changed and winded our LO and just plonked him on my lap when he needed a feed! felt guilty not being there for him but it meant i could sleep in btw all feeds.

hope u r feeling better soon x

OH is on Christmas holidays so he's looking after Harvey. Most of the reasoning behind it was that I was running to the loo lots so I was struggling for the time for a good feed. I'm feeling a bit better now though and have managed to feed him myself.

Thanks for the responses!

Don't stop bfing. Have your OH help you in anyway possible.. lift you up, lift babe up, etc. Don't stop!!!

Bollox, i've just posted a similar thread!

I was very ill on Saturday and couldnt eat/drink for 24 hours so im wanting to know how this will effect my supply. I did manage to keep on feeding Ellie when i wasn't eating/drinking so hopefully that will have done a bit of good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->