How observant is your oh?

paintrider89

Reaction score
Or your DH or SO?

Sometimes I would swear my OH has no clue what's going on. Other times it's just jaw dropping how observant he is.
He has started rubbing my lower back randomly at times. I've had some mild lower back pain, and I was rubbing my back a lot.
When I offer to cook, he chooses something he knows baby likes.
He has started helping around the house on the weekends, as I got pretty behind in first tri.

Thought it may be fun to give OH and DH a kudos, because they are doing well, considering most of us are high on hormones. At least I am, and slightly crazy with it.:winkwink:

Most of the time, my DH seems totally clueless about how I am feeling unless I give him an explicit picture. Every once in a while though, he'll do something out of the blue, like volunteer to make dinner when its my turn, or proactively change DS's diapers.

He hit a down patch last month though, and I thought I would have to LITERALLY light a fire under him - was so into his own little world and funk that he couldn't tell what was going on around him. Seems to have snapped out of it again though, and is back to his typical loving, but often clueless self :)

My OH is pretty good most of the time. He rolls his eyes at me and my constant craving for baked Mac and cheese. He takes out the trash and does the cat box without me asking :thumbup: He doesn't let me indulge in too many cravings because they are all unhealthy so its good to know he's watching out for us!

Mine is probably observant but doesn't do anything. Second kid too so he should know what I'd want now.

My OH is pretty good most of the time. He rolls his eyes at me and my constant craving for baked Mac and cheese. He takes out the trash and does the cat box without me asking :thumbup: He doesn't let me indulge in too many cravings because they are all unhealthy so its good to know he's watching out for us!

Mine is the oppisite when it comes to cravings. He sees it as an oppertunity for him to get treats.

Mine is the oppisite when it comes to cravings. He sees it as an oppertunity for him to get treats.

Mine too! He has gained more weight than I have, lol! :dohh:

my DH has been the best ... he has been doing most of the cooking and by most I mean I cook like once every second week ...

he is always rubbing my back and has just recently started rubbing my bump and feet ... he helps around the house weekends and he got me a helper for during the week ...

if I crave for something he goes out and gets it ...
he really just is amazing

my DH is clueless and useless most of the time! He works a lot and uses this as an excuse not to care for me or our son :(

My husband is amazing. He works a ten+ hour day and still comes home and baths our son, reads him a million stories and puts him to bed, he then washes up, puts the dinner things away and gives the kitchen a clean before even sitting down. Whenever I try to help he tells me to rest because I have been busy all day.

I told him last week I feel bad that we haven't had time to think about/prepare for this baby as we are usually chasing after our toddler. He now starts baby conversations every night and tells me how proud he is of me for doing pregnancy so well.

They are not all bad :)

mine really has no experience in the world of pregnancy. He only has what guys at work or the hockey rink have to say.

He is good as far as when I am tired he is 100% ok with me just falling asleep on the couch or going up to bed. He does like the laugh he gets from me forgetting everything.

He often reminds me that Jes you are pregnant. He watches what I do - lifting, walking, how hard I exercise, how much responsibility or activity I take on.

While he may not make dinner or clean as often as I would like but when I need to lay down or just some "me" time to relax he let's me be.

My husband's awesome, he never misses a thing. He never misses if I'm tired, hurting, liking something or just plain not feeling right about something. I get daily foot rubs, back massages and full body massages. He's had a short vacation, too, so he made me dinner this week, and made breakfast twice. Previously I went to work by 7 am and he didn't get home til 7 pm, so him making dinner or breakfast was a moot point.

My husband's awesome, he never misses a thing. He never misses if I'm tired, hurting, liking something or just plain not feeling right about something. I get daily foot rubs, back massages and full body massages. He's had a short vacation, too, so he made me dinner this week, and made breakfast twice. Previously I went to work by 7 am and he didn't get home til 7 pm, so him making dinner or breakfast was a moot point.

well now you are just bragging :winkwink:

Ok now I'm jealous :haha: my dh is clueless. he acts like rubbing my neck or back is a chore.

Lol...don't worry, he's close to perfect but still plenty exasperating :) I appreciate everything he does, but that doesn't mean he does those things perfectly. I remember about three years ago, for months, while he was really stressed out and upset at a job...he used to give me footrubs and when he'd think about work he'd start raking his nails back and forth hard across the top of my foot, or dig his nails in really hard below my toes. Ow. But he always wants to do the best by me. That's what matters.

Oh, and he thinks instant stuffing is a major food group lol. Can't tell you how often he's served that so proudly as the main course lol

My hubby is pretty clueless about pregnancy as it's his first. He doesn't really "do" a lot more than he did before, but I was quite spoiled before pg so I can't complain. :) He doesn't ever pressure me to clean, cook or whatever. He takes care of the dog when he's home even though he works a ton and I stay home. He's always cooked more often than I do.

My hubby is awesome :) He will clean, do laundry, doesn't give me shit about sleeping all day, he always asks how I'm feeling, rubs the baby, etc - he's so wonderful <3

The only bad part, he doesn't do massages - he has carpal tunnel bad in one hand so it makes his hand go numb after a couple minutes :( But he does run me down with lotion when I ask - it at least feels relaxing for a minute hahah

It's good to see there are other understanding and helpful guys out there. I may mention this post to OH, maybe I can rev home up more with competition. Lol

Trying to get my DH to do anything is like trying to pull teeth from an alligator. We both work an hour from the house so we both spend 2hrs a day in the car. He gets up at 4am to go to his personal trainers house before work. I sleep until 6am before I have to get up for work, dress our 2yo and 4yo, dress myself, let out the dog, get the 16yo up out of bed, get the little ones to day care, drive to work, work 9-10 hours every day, drive home, cook dinner, feed the kids, take care of the dog and the cats, pack lunches, do laundry, bathe the kids if I have time, and maybe sit down about 7pm to eat my own dinner, Oh and iron the clothes and take care of the barn animals if need be. So I basically am on my feet or at work for well over 12 hours a day and if I even ask for a back rub I get a guilt trip about how he is tired because he worked all day.. at a desk, in a cushy management position..

Can you tell I hold a bit of resentment? I mean it is his 4th and my 3rd but damn I am still tired and sore!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->