How "off" were you with conception?

bellagirl85

Reaction score
With both my DS and this pregnancy I was exactly 6 days off. I always thought I was ahead of what I was.

It's strange because both cycles we were temping, taking OPKS, following CM.

I could have sworn we hit the nail on the head.

It's hard thinking I'm 7+3, when I'm actually 6+4....boooo! Maybe my babies are just smaller initially?

Well my last 2 pregnancies I was always spot on! Even a day ahead. This one had been 2 days behind from my first scan. It's stressing me a bit tbh. My Dr couldn't give a hoot and keeps saying it can be off due to margin of error. So Monday I measured 7+1 on my scan where I thought I was 7+3 according to my calculations. I also used opks and only had sex twice, cd 11 and 14 so I guess late implantation? No idea... Hoping it's normal though! Baby even growing proportionate to those 2 days off its weird...

My baby is measuring 4 days ahead of what I thought was my conception date. So instead of 9 weeks 1 day I guess I'm closer to 9 weeks + 5

With DD I was pushed back 9 days and they still had to force her out. I've been measuring on track with this one.

I did find it funny that during the scan last week the midwife kept getting different measurements depending on the baby's position, from 2 weeks behind to spot on for due date. So I don't worry about dating this early on!

By my O date and what baby measured at my ultrasound yesterday, baby is measuring one day behind. By LMP 4 days behind but I ovulated CD 17

My date seems right.. I remember exactly what we were doing on the date of conception based on the first day of my last period. Funny thing is, I could have sworn that I was done ovulating around that time (we had successfully been using the calendar method for about a year)

All my pregnancies have been like that, I always think I'm further ahead and it's usually a 5 day difference. I tend to ovulate late and I've never properly tracked my temp, or used OPK's so I think that's why my predictions have always been off.
This baby is no different. I thought for sure that I was 4 days ahead, but I got a BFN on a HPT when I thought I was 12 DPO...waited 4 days and BFP, which again I'm sure just means later ovulation and maybe implantation.

I was around 2 weeks off! My last period was on the 20th June, I didn't get my bfp till 11th August on roughly Cd 53. Going by what I've put into Fertility Friend, I should be around 16 weeks or so but scans and everything put me at only 14 weeks. Ho hum lol x

I was around 2 weeks off! My last period was on the 20th June, I didn't get my bfp till 11th August on roughly Cd 53. Going by what I've put into Fertility Friend, I should be around 16 weeks or so but scans and everything put me at only 14 weeks. Ho hum lol x

That sounds about right!

My LMP was 7/17 ... Ovulated on Aug 2nd and got my BFP Aug 11th as well. By LMP I am 14 weeks 1 day and by O day I am 14 weeks tomorrow.
Sounds like you're a late ovulater

I know with complete certainty which day I conceived. So it will be interesting to see what my dating scan says on Monday. I think sometimes the babies just grow slower or faster! My sister knew what day she conceived one of hers as well because her husband is a fisherman.. he was only in port for 24 hours or so. They dated her about a week off.

Well apparently i was 2 and a half weeks out! My lmp was 20th july but when i had my scan ( at what we thought was 12weeks) i was measuring just over 9 weeks... was very confused. Especially considering the week i supposedly conceived i was ill all week and had about a 10day gap from dtd. Having another scan at the new 12 week mark so will see.

But yes - really shocked initially that we were that far out! Xxx

My baby was measuring exactly 7 weeks and 4 days on Friday, which is exactly what I thought it should be. :cloud9: I'm so excited because "developementally" I have never made it this far...even at 9 weeks I was only measuring 6.5 weeks the last two times.

I dont think scans are always as accurate as they say. I was put ahead 7 days with DS so got another scan (because the idea of being induced for being overdue worried me) and it only put me ahead 3 days. I'm pretty sure my date wasnt out by more that a day, two at the most. There have been ladies who had IVF that knew exactly were they were and scans put them a week out.

That sounds about right!

My LMP was 7/17 ... Ovulated on Aug 2nd and got my BFP Aug 11th as well. By LMP I am 14 weeks 1 day and by O day I am 14 weeks tomorrow.
Sounds like you're a late ovulater

I had normal cycles previous to this one, 31 days. So this one was way off for no apparent reason x

I had no idea what point I was in my cycle with my son, so no idea.
I was 3 days off with Sophie.

I had a miscarriage this month and we had sex MANY DAYS after any fertile CM for that pregnancy, my cervix was low and hard and my CM had all dried up. No idea how I got pregnant.

I had fertile CM and high soft cervix on CD17-22, we DTD on CD 33 (no CM, just a vague sticky amount really, low hard closed cervix) and I got positive pregnancy tests on CD 44 and 45.

My baby measured behind a good deal at first. About 1 1/2 weeks, but then caught up on every following appointment and now matches my dates.

my dates always get moved forward normally 2/3 days but for ds4 was 6 days but i know that i OV late in my cycle and my cycle varies but the last few were 31/32 days so from LMP im due the 13th but taking into account cycle length is probably more the 16th/17th, and then my babies always go term+10/14 days other than one who arrived on my original EDD before they moved me forward 3 days from my scan.

My eldest we were all way out! LMP put me at 13 weeks, I thought I was around 10 weeks but I was actually 6+4 at my first scan! She was then born 9 days late! I was then about a week out with my 2nd!
I'm very certain this time though and will be very surprised if I'm not given and edd between 28th May and 1st June when I have my scan on 17th November!

I've been just about right with both of my pregnancies. With my first I was having a bleeding issue where I was bleeding for weeks so I just got lucky to get pregnant and have accurate date from LMP. With this one I know my cycle very well and I have 5 weeks cycles with ovulation around CD21 rather than 14. So I just tell them my LMP a week later so I don't have to explain. And the 6 week scan matched that! Lol!

I'm going to be a few days out either side as I was on a medicated cycle and don't know when I ovulated + irregular cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->